Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Q60 Premium with lower Downpipes, AMS intakes, stillen exhaust and PLM heat exchanger. I am tuned by SpecialtyZ. However recently I installed z1 full race Downpipes and got a CEL as expected but also another code for ABS (guessing it was because we moved the wheels around for extra room). The car however went into limp mode and the code is P0046-00. I already emailed Seb at specialtyz but I was wondering if anyone else knows some insight on this to give me some peace of mind.-thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
How soon after the DP installation did this code appear? Any chance the turbo electrical connections could have been disturbed during the DP installation? This site identified the following:

I'm curious to hear what advice Seb provides. He is my tuner, too (I have FI Catted DPs installed).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As soon as we took the car off the lift, the codes appear and the car went into limp mode. My guess is that the car detected too much flow and decided to protect itself once I removed the cats. The car was tuned before the full Downpipes and it is tuned to work with just lower Downpipes. We didn’t mess with anything other than the cats and O2 sensors . The car however when I cold started it revved fine for like the first few seconds before the lights came on and limp mode. I haven’t heard back from seb . I am thinking about just resetting the ECU but idk if that will mess things up further

·
Registered
742 Posts
The car however when I cold started it revved fine for like the first few seconds before the lights came on and limp mode.
As expected. The cold start is in open-loop, with the wastegates open to bypass the flow to get the cats to "light-off", or in your case, not. Once the ECU goes into closed loop is when the ECU will start monitoring all the sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2017 Q60 Premium with lower Downpipes, AMS intakes, stillen exhaust and PLM heat exchanger. I am tuned by SpecialtyZ. However recently I installed z1 full race Downpipes and got a CEL as expected but also another code for ABS (guessing it was because we moved the wheels around for extra room). The car however went into limp mode and the code is P0046-00. I already emailed Seb at specialtyz but I was wondering if anyone else knows some insight on this to give me some peace of mind.-thanks
I had the same issue and I had many of the same upgrades. The problem with mine was that the shop that did the heat exchanger install didn't bleed it correctly. Took it to the dealership and they bled the system, cleared the codes, and no more limp mode. Sebastian with SpecialtyZ recommended I try that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue and I had many of the same upgrades. The problem with mine was that the shop that did the heat exchanger install didn't bleed it correctly. Took it to the dealership and they bled the system, cleared the codes, and no more limp mode. Sebastian with SpecialtyZ recommended I try that.
do you remember the code it threw?

·
Registered
9 Posts
do you remember the code it threw?
**** sorry for the late response, but I don't get notifications from these threads. The two codes thrown were P14AC-00 and P14B5-00. They were both pertaining to the heat exchanger system, caused by air in the system. These codes caused a loss of power at WOT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts