Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Just joined the community today in hopes to share my enthusiasm with the 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS400; I'm a long time Nissan/Infiniti customer (15years) but first time going for a Coupe, which should be delivered by January 15, 2017!

I'll will give you first impressions once I get my heart pumping while driving it for a while.;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
But of course! here are the Specs of my soon to be new toy.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Fully Loaded (Premium and Tech Package)
Platinum Ice Metallic
Monaco Red Semi-aniline Leather Interior
Silver Optic Fiber Trim

Will add the following (Dealer installed) Accessories:
- Infiniti Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates
- Infiniti Radiant Interior Ambient Lighting
- Infiniti Radiant External Ground Lighting
- Carbon Fiber Package (when available in Canada)
- All Season Floor Mats
- Cargo Package
- Tinted Glass (Maybe)

Also entertaining the idea of putting XPEL Protective film to protect the paint but not sure if its worth the trouble and the cost. Would you or anyone know if it's worth it?

N.B.: This comment will be re-posted in the "Post your build" area.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a clear mask installed on my 370Z in 2010. It offers nice paint protection but some stone hits leave a little tears looking like a 'hangnail'. Some don't like that at all. But I just carefully trimmed it away and considered it better than a paint chip. I tend to take road trips out west and there is plenty of airborne stuff along the way. I have already contacted my "guy' and he says patterns are available already , so I am having it done in January. He says the newest materials are better than what was used in 2010. Also, there are body panel break lines above and below the headlights that would make the install harder to see and eliminates anything on the hood if desired. Congrats on the new Q!

Reactions: YGQ60

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had a clear mask installed on my 370Z in 2010. It offers nice paint protection but some stone hits leave a little tears looking like a 'hangnail'. Some don't like that at all. But I just carefully trimmed it away and considered it better than a paint chip. I tend to take road trips out west and there is plenty of airborne stuff along the way. I have already contacted my "guy' and he says patterns are available already , so I am having it done in January. He says the newest materials are better than what was used in 2010. Also, there are body panel break lines above and below the headlights that would make the install harder to see and eliminates anything on the hood if desired. Congrats on the new Q!
The body panel lines make the XPEL install really hard to notice. I did it on mine, and can barely see it. I didn't get anything on the hood to keep the lines clean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the info.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for the info!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts