Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to know warranty wise, what aftermarket performance parts are covered under warranty? I’ve got around 5yrs of warranty, but wanted to ensure it doesn’t get voided over any parts that become a problem. If you guys can let me know what performance parts are covered, that’d be huge, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,134 Posts
All Genuine INFINITI parts are custom-fitted, custom-designed, and durability-tested for your INFINITI, and come with a INFINITI-backed 12 month/12,000 mile (whichever occurs first) limited warranty (if installed by dealer at the time of purchase).
Infiniti will not warranty aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to know warranty wise, what aftermarket performance parts are covered under warranty? I’ve got around 5yrs of warranty, but wanted to ensure it doesn’t get voided over any parts that become a problem. If you guys can let me know what performance parts are covered, that’d be huge, thanks!
Have a look at the Infiniti Motorsports page:

2017 INFINITI Q60 Accessories | INFINITI Of Nashua in Nashua, NH

The parts that are offered under the Motorsports badge will have their own parts warranty, as they are cloned from the AMS & SPL Parts catalog, for example. If you have the dealership install the Motorsports part(s), you should get a 1-yr/12k mile labor warranty.

In my case, in 2017 I bought the Infiniti-branded (AMS) Heat Exchanger, and then had my dealership install the HE. My dealer provided me a 1-yr/12k mile labor warranty. I did not have any issues with the install, except the IC coolant level was slightly over-filled, and I had to turkey-baster out some coolant to prevent it from spitting-out the overflow when hot. The install was charged @ 4.5 hrs @ $140/hr.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh okay that makes great sense, so do you recommend I buy AMS parts and then just have my dealership install and ask them if they’ll cover warranty?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Oh okay that makes great sense, so do you recommend I buy AMS parts and then just have my dealership install and ask them if they’ll cover warranty?
My dealership was fine providing them Infiniti parts I purchased elsewhere. However, I would contact your local parts dept and get a price on whatever you wanted installed in the catalog, and if they give you a higher price, I would mention the pricing provided by Nashua Infiniti and ask to price-match.

I'd then approach the SA and get a labor quote, along with answering the question on warranty. If you get resistance, and you have another dealer in the area, I would try them, as well, as some dealerships are more "mod-friendly" than others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts