Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2018 Infiniti Q60 with the sport exhaust. I'm looking for small ways to make the car sound louder but not a significant increase in volume.

Downpipes aren't completely out of the question, but trying to find other ways other then this.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Is this what you have?

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Downpipes aren't completely out of the question, but trying to find other ways other then this.
Your options are catless downpipes (I recommend going with just lower downipes and leaving the upper downpipes OEM) or replacing the y-pipe/mid-pipe combo.

Downpipes are the first bottleneck on performance, and freeing airflow there will improve the sound a bit. The y-pipe/mid-pipe after the downpipes is the next major bottleneck: the piping is very narrow and impedes performance and sound.

I ran the Helmholtz axle-back with the rest of the exhaust OEM: barely any louder.
I then replaced the lower downpipes: a bit louder than stock but not much -- this is likely good for most owners.
I then replaced the y-pipe/mid-pipe combo: quiet at idle, sounds good when cruising (maybe a little quiet for my own taste, but good enough) and when accelerating hard.

So your options are: replace lower downpipes and/or replace y-pipe/mid-pipe.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
That's louder than no muffler?
I'm still trying to wrap my head around "make the car sound louder but not a significant increase in volume" <?>

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
I'm still trying to wrap my head around "make the car sound louder but not a significant increase in volume" <?>
One more dB will make it just right

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I mean yea I want it to sound louder but not to the extreme I’m in high school and not sure ill feel the same way about how loud I want it from now to college

·
Registered
337 Posts
I mean yea I want it to sound louder but not to the extreme I’m in high school and not sure ill feel the same way about how loud I want it from now to college
eh dont go crazy, just enjoy it how it is now and focus on getting as many chicks in that q60 as you can ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts