Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get the weather to work in the car? Mine always says not available? My phone Connected and the internet picture shows on the map screen?

I live in Canada and maybe that might be the problem?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The weather comes from SXM, so maybe your subscription isn't activated or doesn't have that feature activated. I'd call them. Traffic didn't work in my Q60 for the first week or so. I finally spoke to a rep who fixed it, but there were a few before him who insisted my car's radio did not have the traffic feature. Hopefully your experience won't be as frustrating.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Subscribe to sirius.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
How do you get the weather to work in the car? Mine always says not available? My phone Connected and the internet picture shows on the map screen?

I live in Canada and maybe that might be the problem?
In the US we get SXM free for 6 months

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea we only get 3 months in Canada. Weather wasn't an option and I don't think Traffic works. I'm on my last month and I'll sign up for a year and ask for all 3 benefits.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yea we only get 3 months in Canada. Weather wasn't an option and I don't think Traffic works. I'm on my last month and I'll sign up for a year and ask for all 3 benefits.
As always with SXM when renewing, do not provide them with a CC for automatic renewal, and request they send you an invoice. In addition, at the end of the trial period, if they have not provided a special annual rate, then tell them you'll be cancelling at the end of the trial. They will (almost) always come up with a "special rate" for 5 months for $30 USD, or an annual subscription for the "Select Rate" of $99 USD (sometimes + royalty fees), in order to keep you as s subscriber.

I have two SXM vehicles, and I never pay more than $105 USD/year for SXM over the last 5 years.

Reactions: Nigel

·
Registered
81 Posts
Perhaps the trial period was 6 months at some point, but we just took delivery and it's now 3 months.

On the auto-renew decision, my experience has been that you can get a better price if you sign up for it, and then call them to cancel before the auto-renew date. They are betting on most customers not paying any attention and forgetting about it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Perhaps the trial period was 6 months at some point, but we just took delivery and it's now 3 months.

On the auto-renew decision, my experience has been that you can get a better price if you sign up for it, and then call them to cancel before the auto-renew date. They are betting on most customers not paying any attention and forgetting about it.
That's correct. SXM is only 3 months. Infiniti InTouch Services are free for the first 6 months.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can't vouch for all Americans but mine did. It wasn't stated anywhere in documentation, the documentation I got said 3 months for everything, but after logging onto the SXM site and checking my contract status music was 3 months, traffic and weather 4 years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah just confirmed here to.

So on the subject of traffic - if I'm just driving to work, not using NAV... How does a traffic problem show up on the display?

Why is there this big TRAFFIC icon on my display that does nothing (other than re-center the display) if I touch it?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: Nigel
1 - 16 of 16 Posts