Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday when I was driving to the store the seat belt warning light came on in the middle of the drive. I double checked my seat belt and re-buckle it a few times but the light stayed on. There is no passenger and the passenger airbag off light was on. Not sure if it's related but I also encountered either a speed or rev limiter issue during the drive with the light on. Restarting the car after shopping the light was off but came on again on the way home. It then went off by itself during the drive home.

Has anyone encounter similar issue? And is there a speed/rev limiter if seat belt warning light is on? Look through the owner's manual but didn't see anything useful.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
What was it limiting your speed or rpm at?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It only happened once briefly at WOT, I backed off the throttle right the way but I would guess around 60 mph. It felt like it was bouncing off the rev limiter because it wasn't shifting up. I checked to make sure I wasn't in manual shift mode and the drive mode was in Standard.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
It only happened once briefly at WOT, I backed off the throttle right the way but I would guess around 60 mph. It felt like it was bouncing off the rev limiter because it wasn't shifting up. I checked to make sure I wasn't in manual shift mode and the drive mode was in Standard.
So you didn't check the tach?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't keep my foot on the gas and look down on the tach. I backed off the throttle as soon as it felt like it was hitting the limiter, kind of an automatic reaction from years of driving sticks. And by the time I look down it was already back down to low RPM.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I didn't keep my foot on the gas and look down on the tach. I backed off the throttle as soon as it felt like it was hitting the limiter, kind of an automatic reaction from years of driving sticks. And by the time I look down it was already back down to low RPM.
I'd do some more WOT driving and check the tach to see what, if anything, is going on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can't see how or why it would limit the car in any way though so that's really an odd one. You didn't have anything at all on top of the passenger seat though??

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Keep an eye on it and document every instance. If it happens again, take it to the dealership and have the techs look at it and document it in your file in case it happens later. It sounds like a bunch of glitches..a one off might be nothing but a few of them happening at the same time or reoccurring could point to a lose connection somewhere or water getting into the system maybe.

You have a warranty in case something goes wrong so that's the good news. I would definitely keep an eye out for any of the stuff to reoccur and try to figure out whether you can identify the circumstances or trigger mechanisms to recreate them.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, nothing on the passenger seat. I was going to take it in if the light stayed on but it didn't come on this morning's drive to work. It wasn't particularly hot or cold yesterday morning, it was in the garage overnight and it wasn't raining either. It was just weird. Will keep you guys posted if anything comes of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just thought of something. The limiter behavior happened right in the middle of a circular on-ramp. Maybe the vehicle nanny kicked in, I had it in standard drive mode. Didn't think I was near the tire limit but then again these run flats are pretty crappy.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Just thought of something. The limiter behavior happened right in the middle of a circular on-ramp. Maybe the vehicle nanny kicked in, I had it in standard drive mode. Didn't think I was near the tire limit but then again these run flats are pretty crappy.
You should have gotten a traction control warning light

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Agreed but I was busy looking into the turn and not looking down so I might not have notice it.
I'd hit that same turn again that same way and see what happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! First post here, sorry don’t mean to reup an old thread....

But I’m having the same issue with the seatbelt light on. First time it happened was during COVID. I drove the car twice a month for 4 months. Parked inside the garage at all times. Went for a drive one day and noticed the seat belt light was still on once I buckled up. Nothing on the passenger seat at all, as I’m picky I don’t want my leather damaged lol. Buckled up the passenger seat and light was gone.

I went to the dealership and got it looked at. They did a diagnostic on the CONSULT and said everything was fine, so they did a reset. It worked. That was early June.

Went on a trip for 3 weeks, car was parked the entire time. Just hopped in today and light was back on. Sounds like a sensor or computer needs to be changed. I can’t keep going to the dealer for a reset. That’s not cool. And what if something happens in an accident...

This should be a big deal type of problem. Anybody else have this issue and potential advice/feedback?

I greatly appreciate any input.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts