Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum... I am sure you guys will have a head start on an exhaust option for the Q60 Community

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome to the forum... I am sure you guys will have a head start on an exhaust option for the Q60 Community
FI has released the Downpipes and Cat-back exhaust for the Q60.

I'm likely to pull the trigger on both the DPs and the Cat-back, more likely sooner than later if FI offers a Group Buy to the InfinitiQ60.org forum members <nudge>.;)

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can not wait for my new Exhaust from Fast Intentions!!

After talking with Kevin I ordered the downpipes and catback as my first upgrade for my Q60 TT. Kevin was great to deal with a very knowledgeable and honest guy. I highly recommend Fast Intentions! I will post a video clip once the parts come in (8 weeks)

Thanks Kevin!!

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
After talking with Kevin I ordered the downpipes and catback as my first upgrade for my Q60 TT. Kevin was great to deal with a very knowledgeable and honest guy. I highly recommend Fast Intentions! I will post a video clip once the parts come in (8 weeks)

Thanks Kevin!!
Nice... Downpipes and Cat-back for my Q60TTRS are due in the week of 1/18.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Take my money! :D

Reactions: di_parts and loaf3

·
Registered
839 Posts
It isn't too expensive either, $1,299.00 for the cat back exhaust and it looks pretty good.
The real power and sound enhancement (to a degree, since the turbos spoil some of the combustion noise) will come from the DPs (now $399), which remove the secondary cat to improve flow and sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The real power and sound enhancement (to a degree, since the turbos spoil some of the combustion noise) will come from the DPs (now $399), which remove the secondary cat to improve flow and sound.

Will the catless DP's throw check engine light? if so did you use anything to bypass it? how does the engine respond to it? positive or negative? I ask cause I come from the BMW world and sneezing in your car throws engine CEL and the CEL makes the engine reduce power to 50% cause the computer is stupid.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Will the catless DP's throw check engine light? if so did you use anything to bypass it? how does the engine respond to it? positive or negative? I ask cause I come from the BMW world and sneezing in your car throws engine CEL and the CEL makes the engine reduce power to 50% cause the computer is stupid.
I installed the FI DPs and Cat-back last weekend, and have put about 150 miles on the car since the install. No check engine light. The engine really has more mid-range grunt, and has the sound behind the power, too. I come from a string of Audi's, so I know exactly what you mean about performance add-ons and spurious CEL's.

With more than enough time and mileage for the ECM to "learn" its revised fuel trims with less backpressure, I can only report a >:) and having to hold the steering wheel while it accelerates, and that's in mostly rainy conditions, because it's February in the Pacific Northwest. Even with wet roads, and in a straight-line, I get no wheel spin with my AWD, however, it will break the rears loose if you are accelerating out of a turn.

The system is hand-made, and the quality matches the cost. I had zero fitment issues. So my advice is to call FI and order up - I have had no 2nd thoughts or buyer's remorse.

·
21 Posts
To All-

My apologies for not chiming in sooner. A little back story... we started development on the Q60 Premium 300 back in September of last year. We made great strides throughout the development process and were able to release our exhaust lineup in mid November. From that point on, we've been swamped with orders and been in production, thus this is the first real opportunity I've had to come on this forum and make any type of announcement.

We appreciate all of your support and feedback. Be sure to check out our exhaust thread in our vendor section as well as the Intake and Exhaust section.

Thank you.
-Tony

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got my resonated exhaust installed Saturday and have spent some time driving on the freeway and around town. Wow, it is much quieter than I anticipated. I knew it was going to be classy and appropriate for the vehicle and it wasn’t going to be obnoxious but it has me wondering if I should have gone with non-resonated instead.

At a cruising freeway speed the exhaust is darn near unnoticeable from stock, which is good I guess and what a lot of people will appreciate.When you apply just a little throttle you can hear the subtle rumble. Getting on it is where I thought it would sound much more impressive. I don’t know how it sounds to the bystander but from inside with the windows down or up it sounds good, really nice but definitely a little subdued, in my opinion. I guess that is why we have options with the mufflers.

The laser cut bracket in the rear with the manufacture’s symbol is a sweet touch but I wish they threw in a nicer license plate frame. I put it on but I’ll probably swap it back out for the carbon one I had on there. Figured I’d give ‘em a shout out for a while.
All in all I’m happy with it

·
Registered
649 Posts
Got my resonated exhaust installed Saturday and have spent some time driving on the freeway and around town. Wow, it is much quieter than I anticipated. I knew it was going to be classy and appropriate for the vehicle and it wasn’t going to be obnoxious but it has me wondering if I should have gone with non-resonated instead.

At a cruising freeway speed the exhaust is darn near unnoticeable from stock, which is good I guess and what a lot of people will appreciate.When you apply just a little throttle you can hear the subtle rumble. Getting on it is where I thought it would sound much more impressive. I don’t know how it sounds to the bystander but from inside with the windows down or up it sounds good, really nice but definitely a little subdued, in my opinion. I guess that is why we have options with the mufflers.

The laser cut bracket in the rear with the manufacture’s symbol is a sweet touch but I wish they threw in a nicer license plate frame. I put it on but I’ll probably swap it back out for the carbon one I had on there. Figured I’d give ‘em a shout out for a while.
All in all I’m happy with it

Thanks for the review! I'd love to see a clip if you have time to post one!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey FI, why is the downpipe diameter so small? Do u make 3 inch type? I just pickup RS today and can't wait to started modding it, comming from FD (Rotary world) exhaust system are 3 inch are normal from aftermarket vendors.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts