Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, went to get my FI downpipe and catback installed, as well as wheel spacers are RSR Down springs. The shop id the front sdprings no problem, but couldn't figure out how to access the back. So I have a half lowered/half stock car.... Grrrrreeeeaaaattttttt

For those of you that have done the springs, can you confirm that the backseat needs to come out and the back end basically gutted?

What a headache.

On a positive side, the FI downpipe and exhaust sounds great and really wakes up the 3.0 AWD premium model. Definitely feel strong gains across the powerband.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I'm glad you were able to find the FI dp and exhaust and that it wasn't stolen. I'd reach out to @GraphiteQ602017. I haven't seen him on for a little while but I remember he installed his RSR downs himself and specifically mentioned how difficult the rear install was.

@LoganB also has lowered his Q60, so he might be able to help as well. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
The rear deck has to completely come out. There are 2 steel plate covers over the top of the shock towers in the furthest corner by the rear window. You have to loosen the rear side air bag cartridges too to slide the plates out of the way. The rear deck is very hard to get out without damaging it. Be patient.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Graph. I called a million places today, no one wants to tackle the job. Should have left the **** car alone. Heading back to get the stock springs reinstalled tomorrow. Too old and too busy for this ****.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Thanks Graph. I called a million places today, no one wants to tackle the job. Should have left the **** car alone. Heading back to get the stock springs reinstalled tomorrow. Too old and too busy for this ****.
Mods are so much fun :laugh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same issue! Had to do front first, then rear the next day. The most time consuming part is taking the seats and panels out, it's no big deal after that. My problem is, I'm having some issues with the car shaking that I never had before the springs. I have 20 inch wheels and 5mm spacers and they were smooth as silk before the springs. Now the car shakes and I'm hoping it doesn't have to do with the install... the suspension had settled already. Jacked the car up and checked to make sure all the spacers were on correctly, and no avail they were all on there fine. Not sure what the issue is, but if I can't get rid of this shaking, definitely hopping into the same stock boat as you. It's a shame because the car looks stunning with the drop. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ouch, going through the whole process to remove the springs is going to be a pain. But better than driving around in a shaking vehicle for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same issue! Had to do front first, then rear the next day. The most time consuming part is taking the seats and panels out, it's no big deal after that. My problem is, I'm having some issues with the car shaking that I never had before the springs. I have 20 inch wheels and 5mm spacers and they were smooth as silk before the springs. Now the car shakes and I'm hoping it doesn't have to do with the install... the suspension had settled already. Jacked the car up and checked to make sure all the spacers were on correctly, and no avail they were all on there fine. Not sure what the issue is, but if I can't get rid of this shaking, definitely hopping into the same stock boat as you. It's a shame because the car looks stunning with the drop. ?
Ever figure out the vibration or did you go back to stock? AWD or RWD car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts