Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it would be a good topic and discussion to bring up since most of us are so excited over the Q60 which hasn't even been release or even a face to look at. But just so we are aware of what issues the Infiniti g35 and g37 had. So hopefully the issues dont repeat itself.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Infiniti G Series got a very good reliability rating from JD Powers and was ranked as one of the better cars in its segment with a Predicted Reliability Score of 3.5 out of 5.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not sure if it was something on a small number of Infiniti G sedan's but I heard some had really bad electrical system problems. Aside from that, a lot of Infiniti G owners I know love their G35's and G37's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There have been quite a few recalls but it's pretty standard for any vehicle.
Thats right, any new vehicle especially a vehicle as new as the Q60 that will be in it's first year of production will have a number of problems and recalls, but hopefully with the Q50 coming out before it, some of the issues in the Q50 that could happen in the Q60 will be worked out before we even get our hands on the Q60.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The g35 had a few issue actually and most were the electrical problems with the seat and cluster. And near the higher kilometers people did notice that the engine was burning oil and caused some major issues.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The g35 had a few issue actually and most were the electrical problems with the seat and cluster. And near the higher kilometers people did notice that the engine was burning oil and caused some major issues.
Oh great a cluster issue. I had to go through cluster issues on a few cars to a point I want to get away from the style of instrument cluster that these problems are typical in.

I notice the new digital instrument clusters are built quite well and won't have problems, since they work just like any screen out their, like your smartphone, infotainment system, etc.... IMO either it will work flawlessly or just completely crap out.

better than having to worry about failing bulbs and needles that give up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nissan And Infiniti both had issue with a supressed passenger airbag that would cause the airbag not to deploy in an event of an accident too. All these things just make me think. and this is not the last of it either.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Of course it is a big point to bring up. Hopefully we won't be seeing any of those issues on the newer lines of Infiniti. The thing is that the Q50/60 I heard is going to be using a new engine so I don't know what the forecast is like for long term issues since we can't base it on the previous motors.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Faulty airbags is a pretty big issue. The recall just happened recently this month and also affected Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Almost 3.4 million vehicles were recalled.

Japanese companies that got their passenger air bag from Takata, a Tokyo-based company with a manufacturing plant in Mexico were affected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oil starvation was the biggest issue to the Infiniti G35 engines, causing premature wear and tear and other issues causing the engine to seize.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts