Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share what you did today with the 2nd Gen Infiniti Q60 community!

Example: Took the Q60 to a detailer and had them detail it along with CQuartz ceramic treatment

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Went out for a nice long drive!!!

Anything goes!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Was driving home from a client site out of town in cold , rainy weather. Blasted this on the Ipod through the amazing BOSE system:

Student I was with said " It is better than being in a concert hall"

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
The Q60RS reached it's 1500 mile mark last week, so it was time for its last break-in change (I decided on changing at 500 and 1500 for an OCD break-in). Changed it out yesterday and then decided to put on one last coat of sealant for the fall/winter. Also changed out both door lights to white LED's to make everything match. I was planning on putting down some Gtechniq Smart Glass on the windshield but ran out of energy.

Also, I started hearing a high-pitched squeal when turning hard right under a bit of throttle last week coming from the driver's side front wheel. After thinking in might be something lodged between the brake rotor and backplate I decided to take off the wheel, caliper and rotor to investigate on Friday. Turns out that the lower part of the backplate was just ever so slightly touching the rotor when turning as there was a nice 1-inch rub mark clear as day on the backplate as evidence. I just gave the lower part of the backplate a slight bend backwards and put everything back on and it was gone! There really isn't anything quite as satisfying as finding and fixing a noise on your own.

·
Registered
591 Posts
How is Gtechniq Smart Glass? I've generally stuck to nice wipers, but sometimes it just doesn't work that well when there's a slight drizzle and you get streaks.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I haven't applied it yet as I was waiting on some new MF polishing towels and the process is a bitch, so I'm planning on doing it this weekend. My theory is that it's just like rain-x, but last significantly longer.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
So I applied Gtechniq Smart Glass to the Q60RS yesterday, that stuff if a pain to apply and buff! Got up this morning and drove to work seeing two spots I missed in the buffing process (NOOOO!). The only way I could recommend this stuff is if it lasts exceedingly longer than Rain-x (which it's suppose to last 2 years) so we'll see. Oh and if you do decide to get some and use it please wear a filtered mask or at least a bandana as the fumes are pretty intense.

Reactions: IPL-Q-Sixty

·
Registered
500 Posts
So I applied Gtechniq Smart Glass to the Q60RS yesterday, that stuff if a pain to apply and buff! Got up this morning and drove to work seeing two spots I missed in the buffing process (NOOOO!). The only way I could recommend this stuff is if it lasts exceedingly longer than Rain-x (which it's suppose to last 2 years) so we'll see. Oh and if you do decide to get some and use it please wear a filtered mask or at least a bandana as the fumes are pretty intense.
By the sounds of it I almost rather get Rain-X or just take it to a detailer to apply the same product you did since I don't have the detailing experience to ensure it will be done to detailer spec. I guess your familiar with these things.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Detailing is just another hobby I enjoy due to my OCD.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Xpel & Opti-Coat Pro+ Treatment

Just picked up the Q60 from the detailer. My Q60 spent the last three days getting the Xpel Clear Protection applied to the front clip, full hood, 1/3 front fenders, rockers and rear quarters (in front of the rear wheel openings).

I had my detailer remove the 2-piece OEM rear quarter protection, and install one-piece instead (apparently the BMW M2 rear quarter template requires very little trimming for use on the Q60).

In additon, the Opti-Coat Pro+ Coating was applied to the entire car.

With the brief sunshine we had this afternoon, the Iridium Blue really shines deep.

Stopped off later this afternoon to grab some pics - no sunshine, but even with the overcast, the gloss still comes through.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just rented out my car to someone today, and I did a long drive to PA.

I actually wish I had active cruise control and side lane warnings, I think it woulda been useful for long trips.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Clear bra x 2

Picked up my midnight black q60 RS AWD for the 2nd time today. . . . .1st clear bra put on was peeling on left front quarter panel. Took it back, and they redid the whole thing. Looks great now. :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Good on them for fixing it. They probably didn't squeegee it properly the first time during installation. From what I recall, they should last a few years before peeling.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Removed the number badges.. (feel it looks a lot cleaner now) and removed the clear plastic by the rear wheels. Also changed out the door interior light to an LED. Still don't understand how all other lights in the car are LED's, but the doors aren't.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Removed the number badges.. (feel it looks a lot cleaner now) and removed the clear plastic by the rear wheels. Also changed out the door interior light to an LED. Still don't understand how all other lights in the car are LED's, but the doors aren't.
Looks good! I also debadged my Q. Love the white!.. What LED's did you use for the doors?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,699 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fishing line and a hair dryer to remove the number badges? I am considering removing all badges from the rear. I think the car looks exotic enough (and will sound exotic enough with my catback and downpipe) that I want people guessing what it is!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts