Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've heard of people using dental floss to remove the badges, if it's good enough for your teeth then it's good enough for the car.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Floss works, so does fishing line. If you're in a place where it's cold I'd recommend pouring hot water over it to soften the glue a tad.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for the pics Joe, definitely gonna do the fender badges.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It was a beautiful 60 degree day in Wisconsin so the RS got washed and waxed for the first time since it was picked up two weeks ago. Looks brand new again!

On a separate note, I will be calling the dealer I bought it from and b*tching about the terrible detail job they did. I fuound numerous spots with sticky goo left over from the travel sticker/wrap. It took forever to get it off and one spot covered a majority of the side door. I honestly did notice it until the wax started gooing up. ��

·
Registered
985 Posts
Installed the Fast Intentions DPs and Cat-back this morning on my Red Sport. Haven't put too many miles on it today, although it now sounds like a beast and it definitely has more power. I'm glad I ordered the resonated exhaust option - it has some drone at highway speed, but it is not objectional, as it passed the wife test.

Toughest part of the removal/installation was removing the secondary cats. My friend & I were perplexed at 1st on the upper right flange studs - as we loosened the two upper bolts on the three-bolt flange, the nuts didn't loosen off the stud, the nut actually torqued the stud right out of the flange on the secondary cat! We had to assemble a two foot long extension with a hinge joint to access the nuts on the top (one on the left, two on the right). Also, disconnecting the right O2 sensor connector was a challenge, as it was a one-handed operation to squeeze the release tab and separate the connector in one motion.

However, once the secondary cats were removed, the installation of the DPs and the Cat-back were relatively straight-forward. We unbolted the rear muffler hangers (3 bolts each side) to provide more flexibility to align the exhaust tips.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Installed the Fast Intentions DPs and Cat-back this morning on my Red Sport. Haven't put too many miles on it today, although it now sounds like a beast and it definitely has more power. I'm glad I ordered the resonated exhaust option - it has some drone at highway speed, but it is not objectional, as it passed the wife test.

Toughest part of the removal/installation was removing the secondary cats. My friend & I were perplexed at 1st on the upper right flange studs - as we loosened the two upper bolts on the three-bolt flange, the nuts didn't loosen off the stud, the nut actually torqued the stud right out of the flange on the secondary cat! We had to assemble a two foot long extension with a hinge joint to access the nuts on the top (one on the left, two on the right). Also, disconnecting the right O2 sensor connector was a challenge, as it was a one-handed operation to squeeze the release tab and separate the connector in one motion.

However, once the secondary cats were removed, the installation of the DPs and the Cat-back were relatively straight-forward. We unbolted the rear muffler hangers (3 bolts each side) to provide more flexibility to align the exhaust tips.
Awesome!!! I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say, "I require sound clips/videos ASAP!" >:)

·
Super Moderator
3,123 Posts
I'm glad I ordered the resonated exhaust option - it has some drone at highway speed, but it is not objectional, as it passed the wife test.
What driving mode was the car in? Is the ASC contributing to the drone? Can you let us know if the exhaust effects your gas mileage?

·
Registered
985 Posts
What driving mode was the car in? Is the ASC contributing to the drone? Can you let us know if the exhaust effects your gas mileage?
I had previously disabled the ASC. I was driving in a mix of "Standard" and "Sport", and the drone was the same, as it is rpm dependent. Again, it is not unexpected with the sporting nature of the exhaust setup. :D

I'll get back to you on the gas mileage changes, if any.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
159 Posts
minor details. but changed the valve stem caps for burnt titanium ones to match my lugnuts, and it was the last bit of chrome on my car. Also changed the license plate bolts for burnt titanium.

Now it all matches with the lugnuts haha.

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
159 Posts
RSR Down Springs arrived. Install should be within the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered New Wheels - VS04's

New member and first post!

Placed a new wheel package order with Jason @ GetYourWheels. I wanted to go with the HRE FF004's in Antique Bronze to go with my Red Q60 Red Sport RWD but there was no ETA from HRE on when they'd be available.

As an alternative, I went with the Vertini VS04 wheels in gunmetal. Since its a custom order, it'll be a 2 month wait.

20" VS04 (in the Gunmetal color)
Michelin PS4S - 255/35 Front | 295/30 (Rear)

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Love it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Put 2018 20" wheels on my 2017 and installed the new resonator exhaust kit. Nothing exotic, but major improvements in both areas.
I love the 2018 20'' wheel as well and want to get my set. Were you able to sell you old wheels and tires? Also if you don't mind me asking where did you buy the wheels?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I love the 2018 20'' wheel as well and want to get my set. Were you able to sell you old wheels and tires? Also if you don't mind me asking where did you buy the wheels?
My old wheels/tires are in the classifieds on here, but I'll go to ebay if they don't sell. I got the 20" wheels with tires on ebay for $1600. They were scratched up, so I had to get them re-surfaced. Now they look brand new. I definitely recommend buying used. Each wheel is $1000 new (with no tire).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dropped my car for 30k premium service .Cost at Fife infiniti 1300.00 final cost 1572.00 with 4 wheel alighnment since it was out and tax and dumping cost .. They wanted to change my drive belt without even looking at it . Told them what the manuel says and they dropped it . I'm sure I could have dropped more after I see the breakdown again . 30k and water pumps leaking , rear diff seal leaking and Need true up on rotors. These rotors are mush ! I put a replacement set of Porterfield crossdrilled with r4s pads on my J30 in 2013 and still no noticable runout when breaking hard at 100mph or rolling to a stop . Rear brake pads getting low. Q is very noticable . I guess I will run these OEM out and swap later . I do drive all freeway though. I drive 10k just to go to store twice week . lol . Man i could better when dealing with stuff at dealership. It goes to fast in my challenge Low I.Q. head . I have a designated payee for a reason .lol. 🤪Man , a corn cob comes to mind ......

One weird deal though , my window on passenger side has etched window from going up and down on the outside of the glass .. About 4 to 6 lines . When I was there trying to show the person In thier dim lighting I couldn't see them but if you run your nails across the window you can feel them . So I don't know whats going to go down there . My wife seen them too . I think the coating stuff I applied after wash filled them in enough to not see is my only guess. :unsure: I think I will bring some rubbing alcohol and vinger and see if that brings the scratches to light before I leave the dealership .

On second thought I must thank
Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn for selling me a car with broken water pump and leaking seals as certified . Bravo
They offered me 7 years free oil changes too . Kinda once bitten twice shy on this now . Especially being almost an hour away .
First thing I did when bringing it home I checked water levels and both were low and noticed water .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Removed the number badges.. (feel it looks a lot cleaner now) and removed the clear plastic by the rear wheels. Also changed out the door interior light to an LED. Still don't understand how all other lights in the car are LED's, but the doors aren't.
I did that on my J and cars creep really close from behind to see what it is at times I notice . I dropped it off for an oil change one time and came back it wasnt done because they could'nt figure out what kinda car it was . lol .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hardwired and mounted my radar detector.

I also painted my brake calipers

21 - 40 of 48 Posts