Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bought a new house and it came with a four post lift. Had a slow leak in the passenger rear that needed fixing so took care of that. I will be installing the FI CBE once it arrives.

The rubber flooring is for the home gym and we cut it to size. Used the extra to cover some of the "shop" floor. The gym equipment wasn't moved in at the time of the pic(day after we closed)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well, no comparison, but using my QJ, this is as high up as I can get my Q in the garage:

My next project is installing the Inland Empire driveshaft.

Reactions: tstod88

·
Registered
172 Posts
Four post lift?

In the picture it looks like a two post.

Either way, I'm jealous.
Correct, I meant 4 point 2 post

I love it. I missed having a lift like this when I was working at the dealership. Previous owner of this house had it custom built for the lift. Lift is in the backyard attached 3 car garage with AC(WTF!). We keep our lawn equipment in the front attached 2 car garage.

I'm planning on doing all fluids in my fiancees vehicle this weekend. Mine is almost due for another oil change and tires. Maybe next month I'll tackle that

·
Registered
99 Posts
2017 Q60 and just got back from auto zone with a new battery. DieHard Platinum AGM, it comes with a 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Installed an Inland Empire Driveshaft the other day. Pretty straight-forward installation. The only issue was the hanger attached to the left muffler of my FI CBE had a cracked weld, so I needed to take it to a local shop for repair.

After I removed both mufflers, I chose to disconnect the CBE from the Full DPs, rather than remove the X-pipe from the intermediate pipe, as it is much easier to remove four (4) bolts at the flanges and sliding out of the rear hangers vs screwing with the Accu-Seal clamps.

The OEM 2-piece D/S appeared to have one U-Joint losing grease (they are supposedly maintenance-free), judging by the grease splattered within the driveline tunnel:

Also, the OEM D/S also has a hard rubber damper, which appeared at first to be dry-rotted, but later I figured out that Infiniti spray-painted the D/S black, including this hard rubber dampener, which I found to be orange near its center.

After I removed the OEM D/S, I installed the IE D/S with the help of a neighbor. At first, the three (3) bolts supplied by IE appeared to be too short, but the rear flange of the IE D/S is an interference-fit with the rear differential mating flange as it is tightened-down,

Rear flange of IE D/S installed:

Front flange of IE D/S installed:

Money shot of IE D/S:

Overall, a worthwhile mod. Eliminates the clap-trap of the OEM D/S, loses about 9 lbs of rotational weight in the process, and much less slop can be felt in the driveline.

The car also feels quicker off the line, and the roll-on in higher gears feels quicker,too.

UPDATE: In fact, something happened yesterday when an idiot in an older BMW 540 thought he could take me from a dig. "Nope!"... but when I went to 2nd gear, with the VDC engaged, I got a "fart" out the exhaust, meaning the VDC detected some wheel spin during the gear change, which never happened to me before the D/S install, as it always happened only in 1st gear. The road surface was dry, with temps in the 80s. So it appears the torque transfer to the wheel(s) is much better.

·
Registered
985 Posts
41 - 48 of 48 Posts