Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we've got the glass half empty thread, I figured why not have the glass half full thread :D

I'll start....had to go into work this morning to pick up my laptop since our work internet and phone lines went down from flash flooding/torrential rains in the area.

Drove my Q60 there and back. It was a blast. Only 8 miles round trip but it's got some tight turns close to work and before the highway. I drove it like a bat of of h*ll and even got the tail end to kick out a bit coming out of a sharp turn before the AWD & steering input brought the car back in. Loved every second of it. Not to mention, the Infiniti exhaust just speaks to me now that I don't really have to worry about the drone. It was just friggin' perfect.

BTW, I was driving in "personal" mode. For me, that means active trace switched off and the suspension in standard mode. The engine/transmission are all in sport+ etc mode. :D

Post what you like about your Q60. Q50 owners are also welcome to post but please no griping about the car (We already have a thread for that).

·
Registered
359 Posts
The RS AWD is so much fun to drive. I get in trouble because I accelerate so quickly that it makes my wife sick to her stomach. Every single day commuting to work is a blast. I get giddy every time I get to drive it somewhere.

With the sport exhaust w/ mufflers, it sounds incredibly mean.

And it breaks necks. People are constantly pointing, giving thumbs up, trying to race me, I have had 2 cars full of people clap for me on separate occasions (that was the weirdest one for me).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I like the sound system, the straight pipes, the acceleration, the seats, the ability to quickly cool down the car after it's been parked in the Houston heat by opening the moon-roof and the windows, and its over all appearance.

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
430 Posts
Agree with all above plus love it that to date, I have only seen three others on the road. I just can't imagine buying like a beautiful Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang and seeing a ton of them out there every day...

·
Registered
153 Posts
For me, the thing I like the most about my RS 400 is the body lines. Seems like I can't get tired of looking at it. I'm also loving it a lot more with the sports muffler. Makes a world of difference driving the car now. I find myself not using the radio much lately so that I can enjoy the awesome sound.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like that I'm one of a few in my area with this car. People look at my car all day but do I turn my head when a BMW or Mercedes or Audi or Lexus drives by? Not really, only when the 2017 tts Audi drives by though. This car is just plain beautiful in my opinion at all angles. Praying I don't get into an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
The "design lines" on the Q60 are still beautiful, even though a number of car companies are now trying to copycat small details like the "sculpy-back-window trim".

The "ultimate bow" will/shall always be when other manufacturers try to steal a bit from any product design? Only my opinion (have a degree in art, forgive?). Perhaps the next generation of car buyers are yawning over the 'Well-worn-bar (barf?) of soap that German automakers have presented in many years? How 'bout a Prius, anyone? The world's ugggggliest L'auto (car)? I would like to hope so, for the sake of the human race?

The tippy-top RS400 (without run flats,etc) is a joy to drive, albeit the ride is still rough/noisy. The Bose sound system is excellent, and better than the Bose system in my past/last CTS-V Government Motors ride.

My non-DAS steering is excellent. Braking compared to the much heavier "previous sedan" needs some better design? Acceleration would be great with better tires.

Love, how the coupe handles. Responsive steering. Quick, relatively-smooth shifts for the tranny. A great l'ill coupe. Call me happy so far. A Fun ride. Enjoying the driving experience overall.

If anyone's wife gets sick upon acceleration? Perhaps, you should get a new wife? I'm older than dirt, and not available (please applaud now?). It's only my hubby who gets sick.

Keep evaluating your Q60's, Infinity? Give us a good ride. You've mostly done dat. Don't drive back and forth to the grocery store.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
No one is going to agree with me much, but I love how it accepts Q50 parts. It allows me to have a wide field of choices with experimenting with things like springs, brakes etc. I just swapped out the front Q50 RS springs from RSR with their springs for the Non-RS models to test a lower spring rate with relative ease. Trying to decide between some brake pads to match the drilled and slotted rotors I got now. The Posi-Quiets seem to be to ones I'm liking the most oddly. But their all Q50 parts by their product titles.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank you for posting a positive thread!

Infiniti has room to grow, but this new Q60 hits so many marks regarding looks, power, and how everything works together.

Make no mistake, ALL manufacturers listen to what their clientele want and those who are dissatisfied tend to be the over-vocal minority.

Love this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Changed a few words from Coahman's post, but otherwise I have the same observations...

The RS AWD is so much fun to drive.Every single day commuting to work is a blast. I get giddy every time I get to drive it somewhere, and I find excuses to run errands :)

With the Fast Intentions DPs and Cat-back, it sounds incredibly mean.

And it breaks necks. People are constantly pointing, giving thumbs up, trying to race me (WRXs, Lancers, Camaros, a CTS-V, Challengers, G37s...). I have had one guy in a newer WRX clap for me on a separate occasion (that was the weirdest one for me).

·
Registered
430 Posts
The fun is incredible, the gitty up is awesome -- poof, I'm gone!

So I am focused at work or home etc I leave to drive and I walk and out see this beautiful machine, and I had completely forgotten my angst and what errand or work drive I am to do, and just smile. I play the dart in and out game everywhere with the rule of no pissing anyone off, just have fun.

After 8 eight plus months it is still very tight and inside it still smells new. I keep it clean and pristine and get challenged lots by the strangest drivers like this old Fiat trying to race me last week. I will post pics but still working on get a dam gloss black or Carbon fiber badges to fisnih it off LOL

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Bought my Q60RS in February and have 8500 mile on her. Most miles are highway miles on vacation. OK I'm retired so not technically vacation but have taken about three trips from Central California to Las Vegas (800miles round trip), CC to Phoenix (1300miles rt) and CC to Denver (3500miles rt). It is a great open highway car. Love the power, love the way it looks and love the ride. Another benefit I didn't expect is the Adaptive steering. I know love it or hate it, I love it and here is why. I have had 3 levels in my cervical spine fused and one in my back. So, I feel every bump in the road and with the isolation from the rough road through the adaptive steering is a blessing. I can drive more and not be a mess on long trips. It was an added benefit I didn't even imagine but it has been a blessing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bought my Q60RS in February and have 8500 mile on her. Most miles are highway miles on vacation. OK I'm retired so not technically vacation but have taken about three trips from Central California to Las Vegas (800miles round trip), CC to Phoenix (1300miles rt) and CC to Denver (3500miles rt). It is a great open highway car. Love the power, love the way it looks and love the ride. Another benefit I didn't expect is the Adaptive steering. I know love it or hate it, I love it and here is why. I have had 3 levels in my cervical spine fused and one in my back. So, I feel every bump in the road and with the isolation from the rough road through the adaptive steering is a blessing. I can drive more and not be a mess on long trips. It was an added benefit I didn't even imagine but it has been a blessing.
Just did 1000 (500x2) miles trip in 2 days. Did stop once on the way back - was not even tired. Even compared to my now gone q50 it is way more comfortable.
But you (Bob) got me confused - DAS disconnects steering column from the road - not your seat :) So I guess that a placebo effect

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Just did 1000 (500x2) miles trip in 2 days. Did stop once on the way back - was not even tired. Even compared to my now gone q50 it is way more comfortable.
But you (Bob) got me confused - DAS disconnects steering column from the road - not your seat :) So I guess that a placebo effect
When you have a cervical spine injury the nerve pain is from your neck through your shoulder, down your arm, hand then fingers. So the pain is radiated from the steering wheel to you hand then up to your neck. Not having that road vibration is what helps my neck. The seat and overall comfort of the car more helps my back. No placebo effect, I struggle with pain every day. This just helps minimize it. :):)

·
Registered
148 Posts
When you have a cervical spine injury the nerve pain is from your neck through your shoulder, down your arm, hand then fingers. So the pain is radiated from the steering wheel to you hand then up to your neck. Not having that road vibration is what helps my neck. The seat and overall comfort of the car more helps my back. No placebo effect, I struggle with pain every day. This just helps minimize it. :):)
sorry, I am really ignorant about health issues. Long ago I had my lower back injured by transmission of Crown Vic that I had to hold when hydro stand let go - but even then I preferred to stay away from doctors, luckily it was not too bad after all. I guess in my case DAS would not help :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a non-RS model, but it is still a lot of fun to drive. I had a Q50 Hybrid and it was fun as well, but the handling doesn't come close to the Q60. The stereo is amazing as well! Enable the Driver’s Audio Stage feature and move the balance +1 to the rear speakers, and it sounds as if the band is sitting in the back seat. Huge upgrade from the Bose that was in my Q50.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Enable the Driver’s Audio Stage feature and move the balance +1 to the rear speakers, and it sounds as if the band is sitting in the back seat. Huge upgrade from the Bose that was in my Q50.
I've got mine set where I'm surrounded by sound.

Reactions: wetboy44

·
Registered
148 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts