Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's evident that we do have a number of owners on this forum now so I thought it would be a good idea to reach out to you guys and see your thoughts.

We all have our differences in preferences and pet-peeves. So the big question.

What is it that you DO NOT like about your Q60 ?
Have you figured out any ways to remedy it ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up the i4 last month, like everything except the (ISS) Idle Stop/start feature. When you are at a stop with foot on break, the engine will stop automatically to prevent unnecessary fuel consumption and exhaust emissions. When you take your foot off the break pedal, the engine will restart. You will feel a small shudder as this happens. You can temporarily deactivate the system by pushing the Idle Stop OFF switch. I do this every time I start the car. If you're thinking of getting an i4, you should definitely look into this. This engine is made by Mercedes Benz. Car is 90% Japanese and 10% German.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey kokonut, I know that in the C class you can turn that feature off. Is there not a way to do that in the Q60?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mine isn't in my hands yet, but the lack of cooled seats and the lack of CarPlay (or Android Auto for the matter) made me consider my choices before actually purchasing the Q60. I know those two thing will continue to bug me, but obviously they didn't stop me from buying the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey kokonut, I know that in the C class you can turn that feature off. Is there not a way to do that in the Q60?
You can disable it by pressing the Idle Stop Off switch. You would need to do this every time you start the car. I don't know if you could permanently deactivate the system,... maybe duct tape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't actually own a Q60, but the following factors influenced my decision not to buy one

• Blind Spot Warning should be a default option in any "Coupe". putting it in a pckg that costs $2500 is rediculous
  • Interior is not on par with exterior in terms of looks especially when compared to Merc and Audis in the same category
  • I was considering RS400, when I test drove it, it was quick, but not as fast as its counterparts with even less HP
  • Lack of exhaust sound on RS400
  • Lack of ventilated seats
  • paddle shifters are not quick enough to respond
  • Although not important, most of its counterparts in this segment offer optional Head-Up display
  • No android/apple carplay
I think, for me, its hard to ignore many of these factors in a car that costs north of 50k, even so in RS400 that costs close to 60k

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't actually own a Q60, but the following factors influenced my decision not to buy one

• Blind Spot Warning should be a default option in any "Coupe". putting it in a pckg that costs $2500 is rediculous
  • Interior is not on par with exterior in terms of looks especially when compared to Merc and Audis in the same category
  • I was considering RS400, when I test drove it, it was quick, but not as fast as its counterparts with even less HP
  • Although not important, most of its counterparts in this segment offer optional Head-Up display
I think, for me, its hard to ignore many of these factors in a car that costs north of 50k, even so in RS400 that costs close to 60k
While I agree regarding the cooled seats (this was part of the premium package in my 2010 FX!!!), paddle shifters, and the exhaust note (I honestly considered ordering mine, so it would take 12 weeks to get here, in hopes that an aftermarket would be available by then). But I'm curious as to what interiors you feel are nicer than the RS400, and what you feel is faster in the RS's class for under $60k. And I'm not talking about a Focus RS, or a friggin' Camaro. Cars optioned and appointed in the same manner, and appealing to the same foriegn car market.

·
Registered
312 Posts

The response of the paddle shifter was actually one of the reasons I didn't go for the RS, but the interior I'd say is very subjective. I've heard other people say the same as you so it's definitely a valid opinion, but I actually prefer the Q60 interior (for the most part) - though I would have paid for a HUD in a second. :) Oh well. Audi and Mercedes were the exact two options I was considering by the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had this car for about 5 weeks now. 2017 q60 premium plus with Semi aniline leather This is what I've found. 1. The windshield wipers don't lift up like other cars. When I attempt to left them they hit the hood. 2. When opening the trunk the water from the top of the truck lid goes inside the trunk. There is one bad sweet spot where the water flow into the trunk. Once owned all the way it's ok. 3. The Remote start settings are default 75 degrees. Even thought I put it on 60. Doesn't really allow me to pre cool or warm up the car.4. The start up screen in always on the main menu. Even though I leave it on the audio screen when I turned it off. 5. Seats are almost too soft, leather stretches alot. I prefer more firm seats. 6. Idon't belive theBlind spot audio alert can not be adjusted. Setting is to low, I'm still searching through the menus. Haven't found it. (Some one help?). I owned a 2012 ipl prior.

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
I wish the side-view mirrors were motorized. It's a nice feature when pulling into the garage.
Garnoch, I wonder if the Euro Q60s will get motorized side-view mirrors. I know the Euro Q50s get something similar while the domestic ones do not for some reason. It should be possible to retrofit if that were the case. This was something I looked into as well since the feature is very underrated but so helpful to have especially when parking in tight places.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Amen...the fingerprints are going to drive me crazy. The worst thing is just when you think you've cleaned the screen and the sun catches at a different angle so you see you missed an entire section of prints.
Infiniti should sell a finger tip stylus lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 3.0t (non red sport). This was already mentioned but I can't believe the outside mirror doesn't tilt down when you reverse. Also wish the cabin had a little bit more storage and was thought through a little more cause digging for change from the ash tray is a pain, especially when the car is in park. Other annoyances are navigating through the menus, inability to get the Infiniti Intouch app on my phone to detect my car, and I didn't see a news app anywhere, which would be nice.

1 - 20 of 313 Posts