Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a Japanese website that mentions the potential engines for the next Q60. It mentions a 2.0L turbo 4 cylinder, 3.0L turbo V6 and 3.5L NA V6 as potential candidates. It also brings up hybrid as a possiblity. I'm not sure if everything was translated correctly, I used Google Chrome's translate function to read it.

Link:
V37?????????????????????????2015???????????????

Personally, I want a 3.0L turbo V6. I would like 330 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. That should be enough to make it out perform the competitors in the segment. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot about Audi's 3.0T for the S5 coupe, which makes 333 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque. Infiniti would need to out-do that engine as well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
not sure why they would downsize like that but it's likely for fuel efficiency, maybe they're able to extract more power out of the 3.5 and still keep it efficient?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Why wouldn't they sue them same engines that are being used in the Q50? Seems like the easiest and most direct way to get engines in the Q60. A hybrid is probably a good idea as well. I just don't understand why they would use any other engines, when the Q50's engines seem like such an easy option.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why wouldn't they sue them same engines that are being used in the Q50? Seems like the easiest and most direct way to get engines in the Q60. A hybrid is probably a good idea as well. I just don't understand why they would use any other engines, when the Q50's engines seem like such an easy option.
My guess is that Nissan might be looking to replace the 3.7L V6 with a smaller displacement turbo V6 for added efficiency, more torque and equal or better horsepower. So, this would eventually be the engine for any model that currently has the 3.7L V6. (Q60,Q50, Nissan Z etc.)

We know that the Nissan Z will probably have a downsized turbo engine. I doubt Nissan would develop a new engine specifically for the low volume Nissan Z. It makes more sense for it to be a general purpose engine for several models.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My guess is that Nissan might be looking to replace the 3.7L V6 with a smaller displacement turbo V6 for added efficiency, more torque and equal or better horsepower. So, this would eventually be the engine for any model that currently has the 3.7L V6. (Q60,Q50, Nissan Z etc.)

We know that the Nissan Z will probably have a downsized turbo engine. I doubt Nissan would develop a new engine specifically for the low volume Nissan Z. It makes more sense for it to be a general purpose engine for several models.
How small do you think they will go with a 6 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How small do you think they will go with a 6 cylinder engine.
I would think a 3.0L turbo six cylinder would be the smallest they could go without losing power. They do have a 2.5L NA V6 that went in the Infiniti G25 / Nissan Skyline 250GT.

I think a 2.5L turbo would make around 300 HP which would be a downgrade. I saw an article where Infiniti exec Johan de Nysschen mentioned a 3.0L turbocharged engine could replace the 3.7L NA V6.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would think a 3.0L turbo six cylinder would be the smallest they could go without losing power. They do have a 2.5L NA V6 that went in the Infiniti G25 / Nissan Skyline 250GT.

I think a 2.5L turbo would make around 300 HP which would be a downgrade. I saw an article where Infiniti exec Johan de Nysschen mentioned a 3.0L turbocharged engine could replace the 3.7L NA V6.
interesting, i can see them bringing back engines with displacement like that to meet fuel economy requirements, it could happen

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Infiniti should do something like this:

Regular - Infiniti Q60 (3.0L turbo six cylinder)
(competes with Lexus RC350 and BMW 335i)

High Performance - Infiniti Q60 (3.0 twin-turbo six cylinder)
(competes with Lexus RC-F and BMW M4)

·
Registered
225 Posts

that makes a lot of sense.

And that high performance Q60 would basically be the Eau Rogue/IPL model.
They already have plans to do this with the Q50, it only makes sense to offer it as a coupe.

·
Registered
364 Posts

i think infiniti should hire you!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts