Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt the Q60 will carry over many of the features from its predecessor G37 and brother model, Q50 such as HUD display, adaptive steering, around view monitor etc. But what features do you think Infiniti should add to the Q60?

Personally, I think an adaptive suspension should be added.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I forgot the technical automotive term for it, but I want those headlights that turn with where you steer. I drove a BMW like that and it really helped when driving in dark area's are you get to see what you normally don't since the light is going into the direction you are.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I forgot the technical automotive term for it, but I want those headlights that turn with where you steer. I drove a BMW like that and it really helped when driving in dark area's are you get to see what you normally don't since the light is going into the direction you are.
this is what your talking about;

in my opinion this technology is too advanced to be in a car like the infiniti q50/q60. At the least it will be in cars like the infiniti m and infiniti qx

·
Registered
164 Posts
this is what your talking about;

BMW Intelligent Headlight Technology. - YouTube

in my opinion this technology is too advanced to be in a car like the infiniti q50/q60. At the least it will be in cars like the infiniti m and infiniti qx
I would still consider that headlamp and projector system to be premium, somewhere along the lines like the ventilated seats so most likely this feature would be in the infiniti M series. Maybe down the road when other more premium features come up then these would fall to the Q50/60.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Those headlights look amazing. Is this an option for all BMW models or just for the higher series? Changing the light beam as traffic approaches will make people hate BMW drivers just a little bit less lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
The computer controlled lights in the BMW are definitely very cool. I think luxury brands should all eventually adapt something similar. Only problem is that BMWs have terrible reliability for their xenon headlights. I don't think this will be any better. I would also imagine fixing this system down the road can get tricky.

With these new computer controlled LED systems it seems like the days of aftermarket HIDs and retrofits are over.

·
Registered
76 Posts
With more finicky features like this Bmw head the more headaches or possibilities of things going wrong. And we all know what that means more dollars to be spent for upkeep of your motor vehicle. It sounds like its a great system and I like what I am seeing but not sure if its necessary.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The computer controlled lights in the BMW are definitely very cool. I think luxury brands should all eventually adapt something similar. Only problem is that BMWs have terrible reliability for their xenon headlights. I don't think this will be any better. I would also imagine fixing this system down the road can get tricky.

With these new computer controlled LED systems it seems like the days of aftermarket HIDs and retrofits are over.
I am actually quite surprised how manufacturers haven't started using LEDs already. They are cheap, well cheaper than halogens at least and there is no need for mercury in HIDs anymore if we switch over.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Pretty cool feature to have but I wouldn't want to pay the price for them. I doubt the Q60 would get something like this being the lower line doesn't help. these are some expensive features that will most likely fall in to the Q70 if they don't already have something like this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am actually quite surprised how manufacturers haven't started using LEDs already. They are cheap, well cheaper than halogens at least and there is no need for mercury in HIDs anymore if we switch over.
It's not that simple, you can't just buy LEDS from china well at least infiniti wouldn't. They would have to lay down some standards and safety regulations that will drive up the cost for the LED production. Lots of work involved to getting them to use it as a standard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For the Q60 coupe my main concern is just to have a manual transmission but if not then I will settle for a DCT transmission.
Hopefully that won't be the case. Not looking forward to this whole DCT transmission craze. Let's hope this doesn't fall through on the Q60 as i think it already has been confirmed that the Q50 will only come in automatic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ventilated seats for some of us in the more hotter regions. Dealing with the heat in Arizona and leather I would like that when I jump in to the vehicle with having my arse burned from the leather seats.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know this might be stupid or lazy but a electronic parking brake button. come on guys when you pay this amount at this day and age I would expect a feature like that even though it is a easy mechanism.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hopefully that won't be the case. Not looking forward to this whole DCT transmission craze. Let's hope this doesn't fall through on the Q60 as i think it already has been confirmed that the Q50 will only come in automatic.
DCT is more than craze I feel. It's the future. Less people learning manual and the automakers are offering the option less and less.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know this might be stupid or lazy but a electronic parking brake button. come on guys when you pay this amount at this day and age I would expect a feature like that even though it is a easy mechanism.
That is something I always felt was needed, no idea why they keep offering us manual function parking brakes, maybe an electronic system might fail too easily? Who knows.

A feature I want most is DCT, no better way to improve a car today than to include that, if Infiniti includes it, it might give them the edge they need over the competition.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't say it would fail too easily since all you would need is a solenoid and actuators to pull the latch for you on the parking brake. But some might be skeptical depending on electrical parts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts