Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Q50 was released the excitement started to build about the Q60 being sensational then Infinity decided to redesign it and any excitement for this car has died.

I think infinity got lazy and was going to make the Q60 essentially a Q50 with 2 less doors. Then they saw the Lexus RC and M4 and said oh $$IT. They then decided to pull the plug and do a proper coupe which means a more aggressive, dynamic design as compared to the more staid sedan.

I just hope production isn't pushed back so far that several other coupes will be available way before the Q60.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't care how long it takes them to come out with the new Q60, cause I know they will in fact come out with in it due time, the real concern is how good they will make it, which i hope is up to par with the Lexus RC and 4 series coupe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Redesigned Q60 too late in coming

I have a G37 sedan whose lease is up in February 2015 and I would consider replacing it with a redesigned Q60, if it was available. However, given that all Infiniti has to offer is a 5 year old design that was never all that attractive in the first place (I had the first generation G35 coupe in diamond graphite and it was spectacular) I'll be leasing either the Lexus RC or the Audi A5 s line. Infiniti has been way too slow in redesigning the Q60 and it will bleed sales to others as a result.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is actually really nice, only thing is I am expecting the Q60 to be more along the lines of a Z car rather than just a "coupe version" of the Q50
I just took a peak at the link posted by Q602B and saw the rear/side view. The side profile really does look like a Q50. :( I like how it looks from the front though. I hope Infiniti keeps the same basic shape of the G37 coupe, the car in the pictures would be a pretty radical departure from the previous designs.

This is basically comparable to a BMW 4 series which has a very similar side profile to the BMW 3 series. Maybe Infiniti wants to go this route.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just took a peak at the link posted by Q602B and saw the rear/side view. The side profile really does look like a Q50. :( I like how it looks from the front though. I hope Infiniti keeps the same basic shape of the G37 coupe, the car in the pictures would be a pretty radical departure from the previous designs.

This is basically comparable to a BMW 4 series which has a very similar side profile to the BMW 3 series. Maybe Infiniti wants to go this route.

It really does and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. I love the Q50 from every angle except the rear, which I'm starting to fall in love with. I initially thought there were to much semblance to other cars, but if you look at it long enough, there are little details here and there that sets the Q50's rear apart...and My oh My, those taillights at night...yummy.

However, the previous posted image is only an autorag's rendering of what they think the Q60 would look like; although there maybe some real hints from it. I do hope they make the Q60's rear a little more provocative tho...something like this rendering of the future Infiniti flagship...

linky: Infiniti flagship sedan in the works | report: Car News- CarsGuide

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a G37 sedan whose lease is up in February 2015 and I would consider replacing it with a redesigned Q60, if it was available. However, given that all Infiniti has to offer is a 5 year old design that was never all that attractive in the first place (I had the first generation G35 coupe in diamond graphite and it was spectacular) I'll be leasing either the Lexus RC or the Audi A5 s line. Infiniti has been way too slow in redesigning the Q60 and it will bleed sales to others as a result.

I think your frustrations are shared by many...and your alternative choices are great cars...

I believe the Lexus RC will be a hit just like the 3rd Gen IS is. The A5 is due for a re-design in short order, so you possibly could hold out a little longer for it.

But take some resolute in, Mr. de Nysschen scrapped the pre-production Q60 redesign shortly after the Q50's debut. He said it was not daring enough and that the Q60 has got to be done right; the car will mark a new day for the brand...with about 3 to 4 engine choices to boot

Beyond Infiniti - The Big Picture - Motor Trend

Infiniti achieves record global sales in the first half of 2014 - Infiniti Online Newsroom

·
Registered
225 Posts
It really does and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. I love the Q50 from every angle except the rear, which I'm starting to fall in love with. I initially thought there were to much semblance to other cars, but if you look at it long enough, there are little details here and there that sets the Q50's rear apart...and My oh My, those taillights at night...yummy.

However, the previous posted image is only an autorag's rendering of what they think the Q60 would look like; although there maybe some real hints from it. I do hope they make the Q60's rear a little more provocative tho...something like this rendering of the future Infiniti flagship...

linky: Infiniti flagship sedan in the works | report: Car News- CarsGuide
omg that looks killer, if the real car looks like that i can see it being a hit.
then imagine what an IPL version of it will look like, killer!

·
Registered
67 Posts
But take some resolute in, Mr. de Nysschen scrapped the pre-production Q60 redesign shortly after the Q50's debut. He said it was not daring enough and that the Q60 has got to be done right; the car will mark a new day for the brand...with about 3 to 4 engine choices to boot
Yeah, and now Mr. de Nysschen is leaving Infiniti. I wish I could see pics of the scrapped design.

Infiniti Motor President de Nysschen Resigns - WSJ

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any news on a possible Infiniti Q60 for the 2015 model year? I haven't seen anything which makes me think there won't be a 2015 version, and they'll just keep selling the 2014 Q60 into next year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts