Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So consider me a beginner in this.

I have a gold infiniti Q60 AWD 2017 Luxe.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

It has got the regular brakes, not the akebono ones.

But, I'm planning to upgrade to the Akebono brakes soon (Will it make a big difference? It's a question :))

The size of the tires I have for the summer is 255/40 R19

For the winter I run 245/50 R18

I want to get winter wheels that looks nice and I'm interested in the XXR 567 black and bronze as I guess it would look nice on the car with the colour

Now questions:

1) What should be the right dimensions of the wheels for my winter tire? 18 x 8.5?

2) What should be the right offset in case I will add the Akebono brakes? I was told that I need +35mm offset if I don't have the 4 piston caliper but if I will add the akebono brakes, I will need +20mm to clear the brakes but the wheel will stick out past the fender and quarter panel about a half inch. Can someone explain this?

3) If I add the Akebono brakes, for the OEM wheels that you see in the picture, do I need to add spacers? And does that apply on front and back?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
But, I'm planning to upgrade to the Akebono brakes soon (Will it make a big difference? It's a question :))
Yes, because especially up-front, you'll have twice the hydraulic area clamping the brakes with 4 pistons vs 2 pistons with your current setup.

The size of the tires I have for the summer is 255/40 R19

For the winter I run 245/50 R18

Now questions:

1) What should be the right dimensions of the wheels for my winter tire? 18 x 8.5?)
See this table below:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

2) What should be the right offset in case I will add the Akebono brakes? I was told that I need +35mm offset if I don't have the 4 piston caliper but if I will add the akebono brakes, I will need +20mm to clear the brakes but the wheel will stick out past the fender and quarter panel about a half inch. Can someone explain this?
Here's what my stock Red Sport wheel w/std tire as the "existing", which clears the Akebono BBK. I put in your tire size, a 8.5" wide wheel, and +30 offset, which should work.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=50&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=30

Rectangle Font Line Material property Parallel

3) If I add the Akebono brakes, for the OEM wheels that you see in the picture, do I need to add spacers? And does that apply on front and back?
You shouldn't need spacers with a +30 offset. My only concern is the diameter with the Akebono brakes would fit within the 18" wheel, as I believe the front Akebono BBK is 1" more in diameter than the stock front rotors. It will be close with 18" wheels!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts