Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
how damaged? And they will accept returns i saw in the details section on ebay.
Left corner chipped and the worst part it came like this, wasn't a shipping damage. Speaking of quality control...
I'm waiting for a seller to respond, first time having issue with Amazon

·
Read Only
342 Posts
Left corner chipped and the worst part it came like this, wasn't a shipping damage. Speaking of quality control...
I'm waiting for a seller to respond, first time having issue with Amazon
dam... im just on the edge of buying this but dont really wanna deal with the issues of having it come damaged.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,807 Posts
No tape was included with mine. Just something to consider...
On the Ebay one? I purchased the duckbill one from Ebay, and at the bottom of the long box was a roll of narrow tape. I'm waiting for a nice day in the 60s (or better) here in the PNW to mount it. As I've mentioned earlier, this duckbill spoiler matches the crease in the trunk lid - looked good when dry-fitting it.

Oh, instead of the narrow tape, I ordered wider tape and adhesive promoter through Amazon to ensure the tape sticks to the CF. I won't use the adhesive promoter on the trunk lid, however, just use some alcohol wipes prior installation.

Reactions: gipsonke

·
Registered
444 Posts
On the Ebay one? I purchased the duckbill one from Ebay, and at the bottom of the long box was a roll of narrow tape. As I've mentioned earlier, this duckbill spoiler matches the crease in the trunk lid - looked good when dry-fitting it.

Oh, instead of the narrow tape, I ordered wider tape and adhesive promoter through Amazon to ensure the tape sticks to the CF. I won't use the adhesive promoter on the trunk lid, however, just use some alcohol wipes prior installation.

My duckbill spoiler came today. It's the same (Cuztom Tuning) one on eBay but I got it on Amazon. Man, it looks nice on the dry fit! Got the car detailed today, gonna put it on tomorrow morning before heading to the So Cal Q meet up.

It came with the same thin roll of 3M tape, I intended to get the thicker roll plus adhesion promoter but forgot to order it.

Arrived very well protected and in perfect condition. This spoiler is so great for the price. Will post pix tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well it's not very pretty but it's on there good enough for right now. The thin 3M tape is not going to cut it. The "tips" are sticking up a little, so I'm going to order the wider 3M tape and adhesion promoter per @IridiumRS400

By the way @IridiumRS400. Where did apply the adhesion promoter and to what parts? Can that stuff damage the paint? Thanks!

Love the way this spoiler looks though...even though it's not perfectly mounted yet.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,807 Posts
By the way @IridiumRS400. Where did apply the adhesion promoter and to what parts? Can that stuff damage the paint? Thanks!

Apply the adhesion promoter ONLY to the bottom of the carbon fiber spoiler. Use alcohol wipes to clean the paint surface. Use the wider tape and stick it to the spoiler 1st, and then apply the spoiler to the trunk lid.

Recommend the 3M Adhesion Promoter 4298 3-pack of sponges for $9.98 @ Amazon. Apply per directions to the CF just before sticking the tape to the underside of the spoiler.

Reactions: BIGTRIFI and 14872

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Well it's not very pretty but it's on there good enough for right now. The thin 3M tape is not going to cut it. The "tips" are sticking up a little, so I'm going to order the wider 3M tape and adhesion promoter per @IridiumRS400

Love the way this spoiler looks though...even though it's not perfectly mounted yet.
[snip]
Man, I'd made up my mind to skip adding a spoiler, but now you've got me second guessing!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Man, I'd made up my mind to skip adding a spoiler, but now you've got me second guessing!

Thanks.

That spoiler IMO looks fantastic. The thing I didn't like about most of the spoilers out there is that they're either not big enough (more like a rear deck "lip") or they're too big (think Suburu or Honda Type R "wings"). Not against those cars by the way, because those big wings work for those makes/models.

This is a luxury Grand Touring (GT), not a weekend track warrior. So anything I put on it I carefully consider the aesthetics and am not trying to go "over the top" (RICE).

That's primarily the reason why I most likely won't be getting a carbon fiber hood because then you need to install, for safety reasons, hood pins, etc. And I'm not trying to call attention to what I'm gonna have under the hood... If I get stopped by the California Highway Patrol.

What made my mind up was when I saw that @IridiumRS400 had gotten it, out of all the choices out there. I've been following his build and he thus far, seems to have been making a lot of the "right moves" with his Iridium blue Q.

When I checked and saw it was the last one in stock at the seller cuztom tuning on eBay...I bought it.

I just checked and they're back in inventory.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183847272387

EDIT And it's under $200 now. ($189). I paid $239 for mine.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts