Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

What spoiler to get?

34K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  351FUN 
#1 ·
What spoilers do you guys have!

Been thinking about giving some love to the rear end with a spoiler. I completely fell in love with the Stillen spoiler but it’s over $800!! The OEM style ones are nice but I want something a little prominent would be cool. Just want some feelers, pictures appreciated!

#2 ·
Yea that price is crazy, and it's not even carbon fiber, right? Look into Strictly Business. They have a truck/spoiler combo in carbon fiber that looks great, but it'll be pricey too.

#15 ·

Attachments

#33 ·
Well it's not very pretty but it's on there good enough for right now. The thin 3M tape is not going to cut it. The "tips" are sticking up a little, so I'm going to order the wider 3M tape and adhesion promoter per @IridiumRS400

By the way @IridiumRS400. Where did apply the adhesion promoter and to what parts? Can that stuff damage the paint? Thanks!

Love the way this spoiler looks though...even though it's not perfectly mounted yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 · (Edited)
By the way @IridiumRS400. Where did apply the adhesion promoter and to what parts? Can that stuff damage the paint? Thanks!

Apply the adhesion promoter ONLY to the bottom of the carbon fiber spoiler. Use alcohol wipes to clean the paint surface. Use the wider tape and stick it to the spoiler 1st, and then apply the spoiler to the trunk lid.

Recommend the 3M Adhesion Promoter 4298 3-pack of sponges for $9.98 @ Amazon. Apply per directions to the CF just before sticking the tape to the underside of the spoiler.

#45 ·
I'm selling my Armore Duckbill if you're interested. Asking $500. $750 brand new, but it's discontinued now.

Attachments

#46 ·
I got Infiniti's Fiber option and I think it looks great but then I didn't want anything to pronounced. :)

#48 ·
Sorry don't know what the total cost is for purchase and install today since I bought as an initial option from the factory. I bet you could ask a dealer if they can purchases install now versus just the factory? Also find an Infiniti dealer away from a major Metro area, there hourly rates will be lower.

Oh, and try talking to these folks, they can give you official Infiniti parts discounted and will tell you if you or your favorite mechanic can install.

Infiniti Wholesale Direct <support@infinitiwholesaledirect.com>

I like the Infiniti one, its just seems to fit in. I posted this on another thead so easy to insert here.
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car

#49 ·
Sorry don't know what the total cost is for purchase and install today since I bought as an initial option from the factory. I bet you could ask a dealer if they can purchases install now versus just the factory? Also find an Infiniti dealer away from a major Metro area, there hourly rates will be lower.

Oh, and try talking to these folks, they can give you official Infiniti parts discounted and will tell you if you or your favorite mechanic can install.

Infiniti Wholesale Direct <support@infinitiwholesaledirect.com>

I like the Infiniti one, its just seems to fit in. I posted this on another thead so easy to insert here. View attachment 25795

#52 ·
Stillen spoiler arrived, not installed yet as I'll have to remove the factory one and have those holes filled and painted. The foam strip and drill guides weren't in the box either so stillen is sending replacements. I think it looks good though, the factory one just looks like tacked on trim imo, very out of place.

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood

Automotive parking light Tire Shoe Grille Automotive lighting

Reactions: Florin
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.