Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti is planning on updating and releasing many models in the next while. q30, qx30, q60, qx60, qx70, qx80. Does anyone have an idea of which of these vehicles is next up for a big reveal? The q30 is expected next if I am not mistaken. It should come on the heels of the q30 concept being shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Will the q60 be next after that? What time frame are we looking at?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The head of Infiniti Johan de Nysschen has confirmed that Infiniti expects to launch the q60 as a 2015 or 2016 model year. So that means that the car should be coming out sometime next year either early for 2015 model year, or late for the 2016 model year.

Not quite sure how that fits into the larger scheme of what Infiniti is up to, but it is an approximation of when we will be able to buy the q60.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a performance model to compete with BMW M Series vehicles? Is that what you are talking about, @cfrp?

·
Registered
228 Posts
So a performance model to compete with BMW M Series vehicles? Is that what you are talking about, @cfrp?
No he probably means a replacement for the M Sedan Infiniti has. It's long over due for a design refresh, it's just too bad we haven't seen a single thing from Infiniti about any changes to it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The rumors were said that the M would be known as the Q90 in the new naming scheme. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O right! There was that rendering that popped up a while ago that showed something that might be the Q90. I didn't realize that the top of the line sedan was called the M before.

·
Registered
225 Posts
O right! There was that rendering that popped up a while ago that showed something that might be the Q90. I didn't realize that the top of the line sedan was called the M before.

Yeah that rendering is on point, wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be not far off from a production model

·
Registered
116 Posts
They just need to focus on bring nice wheels like that to production models. i hate how BMW guys have so many nice OEM wheels to choose from.

·
Registered
95 Posts

It is a beautiful design at the sketch level. It looks like it will be quite a long vehicle, and it definitely follows the new design language. My guess is that the Q30 production model will come out, and then the Q90 will be next on the to do list.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just to let you know, it's going to be a while before we see what a face-lifted or next generation model. The current Infiniti M did come out just a couple years ago, my guess is we'll see a mid-cycle facelift, and then the next gen model 5-6 years later.

BUT

On the plus side, the current M still shares a lot of the new design language:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Disagreed. The model we have now was a styling refresh. M should be in for a full on redesign in the next 1-2 years MAX. is it still M or did it get a new Q name?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Disagreed. The model we have now was a styling refresh. M should be in for a full on redesign in the next 1-2 years MAX. is it still M or did it get a new Q name?
I think it's supposed to be called the Q70, since Q50 is the sedan and Q60 a coupe. Can't see it being called a Q90, that might be reserved for their future flagship sedan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts