Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what the difference is between the G37 vs Q60? I just got a job at a Infiniti Dealership . My jobs to call the leads and see if they want to book an appointment for a test drive, answer questions, quotes, etc. I had a young client call asking for G37 Manual . I asked my co worker knows the inventory well replied yes we just got it in but its not in the system. So rather then make an appointment this kid comes in asking for the G37 Manual we had. Turns out its not a G37 it was a Q60 Manual . My question is what is the freaking difference. I was accused of being a liar by my coworker saying Im misinforming him got my manager involved and we were text arguing for a while. Can some one tell me why some one wants the G37 over Q60 coupe which by the way are hard to come by. We have it priced $24,000 for 32,000 miles 2014 Q60 Manual . Is that a good price and would you buy Q60 over G37 coupe ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
The 2013 Infiniti G37 coupe and the 2014 Infiniti Q60? The G37 models were changed to either Q50 or Q60 in 2014 and everything from the body to its platform has stayed the same. Only small changes were made like the new Q60 badge and paint colors.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not too sure why there's two threads on this but.. I'll leave this here as well

So to review, here is the evolution: G35 (sedan/coupe) --> G37 (sedan/coupe/convertible) --> Q50 (sedan) and Q60 (coupe/convertible). The main reason for the change is to simplify the brand's product structure as well as give buyers a clear signal as to which vehicle has the higher price point. In other words, the base price of the Q60 is $3,700 more expensive than the Q50.

·
Registered
591 Posts
They're pretty much the same vehicle so the Q60 manual should satisfy the customer's needs. Unless he's dead set on a badge or paint color.
I'd just go for the Q60 if it's there unless there's a cheaper G37 lying around.

·
Registered
500 Posts
the only differences might be through the typical year-to-year upgrades a model typically has but aside from that, it all comes down to simplifying the model name as quoted above.

but of course the next generation Q60 is a total different beast.

·
Registered
327 Posts
For sure, and that's the main thing. I'm highly looking forward to the new Q60 and I really think it's going to change the game for infiniti quite a bit

·
Registered
591 Posts
It wasn't really an upgrade from a G37 to the 2014 Q60, it was just a change in badging and paint. That was pretty much it and of course the upcoming Q60 will be different since Infiniti didn't update it when they made the initial switch over.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Indeed.

There's just no upside to it, just downsides, I think the Q60's out now might take a deep dive in value once the new one is out, not sure how many will want the older one. I already know a lot of guys looking to sell their current G37/Q60

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can definitely see the older Q60 losing a heck of an amount of value. It's pretty much the obsolete version that is drastically less desirable.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not really obsolete but yes, it will be less desirable and therefore cheaper for anyone who's always wanted one but it just wasn't at their price point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well in my opinion the G37 was the ugliest most hideos design fail after the G35c generation. The sales must have been a complete fail for that generation. The Q60 puts the G37 to shame in every single imaginable way. I mean to ask even such a question....all it takes is for your eyes to look at both vehicles and simply compare the specs technology feaures so on and so forth.. They are 2 completely different generations. You cant even compare the 2. The only thing that it shares is probably being a Nissan Infiniti. They finally produced an overall all around good looking beautiful looking design!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Drop

I wonder how far prices will drop though ?
I just purchased a 2014 Cert. Pre-owned Q60 for 25k before tags and fees. just over 15k on it, awd navi sunroof black leather and blue slate pearl paint. Dealer agreed to pay for paint touch ups and full detail so once i get around to taking it to the body shop I'll post pics. New to the forum and excited to join as a new member to the nissan/infiniti community!:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
2 cents

To further elaborate on the evolution of the G to the Q

V35 Model Series (coupe/sedan):
2003-2006 Sedan, VQ35DE engine
2003-2007 Coupe, VQ35DE engine

V36 Model Series (sedan only):
2007-2008 G35, VQ35HR engine
2009-2013 G37, VQ37VHR engine
2015 Q40, VQ37VHR engine

HV36 Model Series (convertible only):
2009-2013 G37, VQ37VHR engine
2014-2015 Q60, VQ37VHR engine

CV36 Model Series (coupe only):
2008-2013 G37, VQ37VHR engine
2014-2015 Q60, VQ37VHR engine

CV37 Model Series (coupe only):
2017-??? Q60, three engine options: 2LTurbo, VR30TT Low (Silver Sport, 300 HP), VR30TT High (Red Sport, 400HP)

So, between a G37 coupe and 2014-2016 Q60, there is virtually no difference power train wise aside from you non-sport and sport versions. They are the same model series and the only differences come with their badges and trim options like moon roof or no moon roof, nav or no nav, etc.

But, for the 2017 Q60, different car all together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts