Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I was searching for another car and decide to look up the Q60 Red Sport and to my surprise I found some Red Sport with 25k miles or less going for $34k and less, Am I missing something or the Infiniti resale value is ****? I am glad to heard some of you guys input.
Khris

·
Registered
52 Posts
As a whole the Coupe/Sedan market is dying, most cars/brands resale value is bad though. If you are comparing to brands like Honda and Toyota with their respective luxury brands, they have always had a reputation for holding value. As long as that is generally accepted by the market then they will hold value longer. Infiniti is not seen in the same regard and thus has a value that drops faster. Not to mention the fact that also generally speaking review sites and the like never have anything good to say about Infiniti, that doesn't help new car or used car sales because there is now doubt placed about the brand.

So when cars sit on lots and dealers start discounting them more and more to help them move, the car finally sells and the price that it sold for is out there on TrueCar or whatever site. there is a software called vAuto, a lot of dealers use it nationwide so you can easily compare pricing data and do quick market research to see what similar vehicles sell for and how long they sit on lots. The data will show that they're selling for less, now other dealers will have to lower their prices to make sure they are competing with the cars that are moving and the cycle continues as prices are slashed. Somewhere along the line we as humans decided you negotiate for car prices but you don't negotiate with the cashier for groceries, same idea with car resale values, we as people on a grand scale decided that Infiniti is not worth as much as a Lexus or Acura used.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I was searching for another car and decide to look up the Q60 Red Sport and to my surprise I found some Red Sport with 25k miles or less going for $34k and less, Am I missing something or the Infiniti resale value is ****? I am glad to heard some of you guys input.
Khris
I recently went shopping for a 2-door. When I found the 2017 RedSport models for sale, I thought I was in love. So I went researching. It isn't long before you read reviews slamming the adaptive steering tech. When it comes to driving fast with your loved one beside you, you want to be in a vehicle that doesn't have numerous user reviews with words like "dangerous" or "the paramedics said we were lucky to be alive."

The average person will have a difficult time sorting out which models have the offending tech, which don't, what options package, etc. Did the seller just leave it off the description? What if I find it has the tech? What if I have it and I don't know it? And all that jazz. Anyone shopping for a serious vehicle like a RedSport is putting the time in to research - and YOU CAN JUST LEXUS. Or if you're after thrills, put a turbo kit on a hardtop Miata.

Anyway, I bought a used 2020 Iridium Blue RWD with 5k miles on it. It was the dealership loaner - great for me. It's gorgeous and hey -- it has Apple CarPlay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts