Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curios, what's everyone averaging?
After installing my exhaust and Intake, let's just say my mpg isn't as appealing as it used to be.

I was averaging between 16-18mpg
Now I can't get passed 13mpg.
I might be able to get 14 on granny mode -___-

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
That kinda sucks. What's your average speed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
50/60/70/80/90? Lol

Average 70/75
I only drive 12 miles a day.
If you're able to average 70mph during your commute you should get at least 20mpg in stock configuration. I'm getting 24+ which includes a two minute warm-up which hurts mileage when I'm not moving.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you're able to average 70mph during your commute you should get at least 20mpg in stock configuration. I'm getting 24+ which includes a two minute warm-up which hurts mileage when I'm not moving.
Okay I have a bad habit of warming my car up for a minimum of 5+ minutes, might that be the problem?

Okay maybe I was averaging more then 18mpg.
I was filling her up every two weeks I would say.

Sorry I should of been a little more clearer. 12 miles a day one way.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I was thinking about making a post like this recently. I've tried each mode for about 2 tankfuls and found my results surprising. Mind you, I don't have any mods yet. Disclaimer: I obviously know that the amount of traffic and type of driving will impact the fuel economy. However, my daily drive is relatively the same every day, with some days being worse than others in terms of stop & go traffic over 20 miles. Average speed varies between 60-70 on long stretches, and then 40-50 when I hit the traffic.

Standard: 25.8
Eco: 26.5
Sport: 26.8

I'm actually shocked that my sport mode has been coming out on top so far. I'm not complaining because that's what I typically like to drive in!

Reactions: Ivan12r6 and Sonnik

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
When I refer to average speed, I mean the average speed from the time the engine is started until it is turned off. The car will tell you your average speed and mpg.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I refer to average speed, I mean the average speed from the time the engine is started until it is turned off. The car will tell you your average speed and mpg.
I kind of figured that's what you were talking about, I will check later on and let you know.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I'll have to check....my average was around 20mpg last I checked but that was after a couple 100mile trips which brought up the average.

My work commute is worse (4 miles one way) and I usually let the car sit at start up only until the revs drop (so around 30 seconds to 1 min). So I usually don't pay attention to my mpg averages. I'm happy as long as I can get about a month out of a tank (assuming I also hit the gym often since the commute is the same) and get 25+ mpg on the highway (I think I can get close to 30mpg easily from what I've seen out of the car already).

·
Registered
430 Posts
after 3800 miles the average mpg on the q60 dash info says 24. Seems like the break-in period it was a lot less so the average has been working up especially with longer highway runs at 65 mph. I drive a mix of local stop and go and highway driving but always in sport plus mode. I am totally impressed with 24 mpg, wouldn't have thought it since I drive in stop and go with a heavy foot. God its fun to pass, weave, and go!

·
Registered
359 Posts
My MPG is terrible (like 14 MPG), but it doesn't surprise me. I warm up my car generally for about 5 minutes before driving, then I drive it like I stole it in sport+. I think my MPG would be much better except that my commute is very short, about 5 miles each way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hey Bevo, I checked it out and it reads 19.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking about making a post like this recently. I've tried each mode for about 2 tankfuls and found my results surprising. Mind you, I don't have any mods yet. Disclaimer: I obviously know that the amount of traffic and type of driving will impact the fuel economy. However, my daily drive is relatively the same every day, with some days being worse than others in terms of stop & go traffic over 20 miles. Average speed varies between 60-70 on long stretches, and then 40-50 when I hit the traffic.

Standard: 25.8
Eco: 26.5
Sport: 26.8

I'm actually shocked that my sport mode has been coming out on top so far. I'm not complaining because that's what I typically like to drive in!
Thats pretty impressive. HIGH FIVE. I want 26 mpg :(

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: Sonnik

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My MPG is terrible (like 14 MPG), but it doesn't surprise me. I warm up my car generally for about 5 minutes before driving, then I drive it like I stole it in sport+. I think my MPG would be much better except that my commute is very short, about 5 miles each way.
I am on the same boat.
I have a bad habit of warming up my car for 5 minutes +. I drive 12 miles and its like 5 miles on the street and 7 miles on the freeway. Who doesn't love SPORT + :)

Reactions: Coahman

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: Garnoch and Sonnik

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shorten your warm-up, drive faster >:)
Hahaha, I like the way you think. I've started today, warm up consist of 1-2 mins tops now.
Thanks for the info :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Hahaha, I like the way you think. I've started today, warm up consist of 1-2 mins tops now.
Thanks for the info :)
Traffic is really the mpg killer which you obviously can't control.

Reactions: Sonnik

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should let your car warm for about 30 seconds to a minute TOPS then drive away as it'll warm the fluids more quickly that way anyway. Otherwise you're getting excessive blow by and gas past the rings and into your sump where it dilutes your oil. Not good. Let it idle for five minutes and your engine oil/coolant warms up but your tranny is still cold.

Also, any mod that improves airflow is usually going to lower your mileage. More air in means more fuel needed. No way around it unless said mod overcomes pumping losses.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts