Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer just told me they are unable to do an alignment because of the larger wheels/tires and the car is lowered... "We cant get it on our machine".. :| So where should I bring it to have an alignment done?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Joe, do you have any performance shops in the area? They can usually put the car up no problem.

Or you could take it to Chevy. Go to a location that services plenty of Corvettes. What my Nissan service tech would do when their system was down was he would take my GTR to either a nearby Infiniti or Chevy dealership and do the work there since they also had the right equipment.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe, do you have any performance shops in the area? They can usually put the car up no problem.

Or you could take it to Chevy. Go to a location that services plenty of Corvettes. What my Nissan service tech would do when their system was down was he would take my GTR to either a nearby Infiniti or Chevy dealership and do the work there since they also had the right equipment.
Thanks Man.. i'll give that a shot.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: Coahman and Garnoch

·
Registered
69 Posts
sorry for renewing this thread, just wanted to avoid starting a new useless one lol.

Does anyone have a concrete answer about how long after installing lowering springs should I get an alignment?

Some people say immediately after is fine, some people say you need to let the springs "settle?"

much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
sorry for renewing this thread, just wanted to avoid starting a new useless one lol.

Does anyone have a concrete answer about how long after installing lowering springs should I get an alignment?

Some people say immediately after is fine, some people say you need to let the springs "settle?"

much appreciated!
The time it takes to drive to the shop for alignment should be enough.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The time it takes to drive to the shop for alignment should be enough.

Its because the shop installing my springs also does alignments so i was wondering if i should just hit two birds with one stone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Its because the shop installing my springs also does alignments so i was wondering if i should just hit two birds with one stone?
I'd drive it around the block after the install at least, try to find some speed humps to ride over, ask your shop for advice.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

much appreciated!
There isn't a real concrete answer, but generally between 100-500 miles of driving should do it. It's not so much time but driving that helps settle them in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts