Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about buying some wheel spacers just to give a little more aggressive/wider stance. I was thinking 15mm spacers... Any thoughts on size? Do I need wider? I don't want to make my $50k car look ghetto by going to wide lol.

Question: should i be concerned about installing the wheel spacers before I upgrade rims (a year away) or lowering 1-1.5" (ASAP)?

Any other pros or cons to wheel spacers? Are they easy to install? I am painting my brake rotors this weekend so figured I should do the wheel spacers since I will be taking all the wheels off.

I appreciate any thoughts guys!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about buying some wheel spacers just to give a little more aggressive/wider stance. I was thinking 15mm spacers... Any thoughts on size? Do I need wider? I don't want to make my $50k car look ghetto by going to wide lol.

Question: should i be concerned about installing the wheel spacers before I upgrade rims (a year away) or lowering 1-1.5" (ASAP)?

Any other pros or cons to wheel spacers? Are they easy to install? I am painting my brake rotors this weekend so figured I should do the wheel spacers since I will be taking all the wheels off.

I appreciate any thoughts guys!
Technically it would be best to lower it before installing spacers so you could measure how far out you could go since lowering the ride will cause the wheels to camber a bit more. Granted I ordered a set of 15mm spacers for mine prior to the drop I'm giving it but I figured I'd just exchange them if I found them to be inadequate. As far as upgrading the wheels you may find that spacers are too much depending on the offset, so I'd consider factoring in the notion that you may want to remove them at that time.

As far a installation is concerned, spacers are hard to install but it does depend on the size and type you get. Anything under 10mm you can get bolt-on spacers that are really simple to install. 15mm spacers and up will require you to replace the original studs with longer ones which isn't a hard job at all you just need a sledge hammer to pop the old ones out and some M12 nuts and washers to pull the new ones thru the hub. If you replace the studs just make sure to hang onto the originals in case you want to remove the spacers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Technically it would be best to lower it before installing spacers so you could measure how far out you could go since lowering the ride will cause the wheels to camber a bit more. Granted I ordered a set of 15mm spacers for mine prior to the drop I'm giving it but I figured I'd just exchange them if I found them to be inadequate. As far as upgrading the wheels you may find that spacers are too much depending on the offset, so I'd consider factoring in the notion that you may want to remove them at that time.

As far a installation is concerned, spacers are hard to install but it does depend on the size and type you get. Anything under 10mm you can get bolt-on spacers that are really simple to install. 15mm spacers and up will require you to replace the original studs with longer ones which isn't a hard job at all you just need a sledge hammer to pop the old ones out and some M12 nuts and washers to pull the new ones thru the hub. If you replace the studs just make sure to hang onto the originals in case you want to remove the spacers.
Unless you get bolt on type with replacement studs, correct? Also I think the rear end has a bit more space to go wider. Maybe 20mm rear, and 15mm up front?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Unless you get bolt on type with replacement studs, correct? Also I think the rear end has a bit more space to go wider. Maybe 20mm rear, and 15mm up front?
Correct, you can get bolt on spacers with replacement studs. I've never used bolt on spacers since I've never gone lower then 15mm spacing, plus they introduce another set of lugs to deal with. Slip on spacers with extended studs just seem so simple. On the Q I think 20mm is too much for the rear, of course I don't like the wheels poking out much but rather like the more flush look. So it really is up to your own tastes. I just did mine with 15mm all around, pics are on the below thread.
http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/brakes-suspension/6530-q60rs-awd-lowered-spaced.html

Also, if you have an AWD I seem to recall someone on our forums stating that you shouldn't offset spacing between the front and the rear because it could mess with the AWD system, but if you have a RWD it's not a concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts