Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stagerred wheel setup: 20x9 +20 and 20x10.5 +45. I'm not really happy the look of the rear wheels. I would like to add 10mm spacer. Now my question is will this be a problem if I drag my car? My car is tuned with 500 ft/lb torque.

Q60 FTW

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
What wheels and what size tires in the rear? I have a very similar setup and about to swap to 295s in the rear. Is it just not enough "poke" for ya? Just wondering since I'm pretty happy with my setup

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What wheels and what size tires in the rear? I have a very similar setup and about to swap to 295s in the rear. Is it just not enough "poke" for ya? Just wondering since I'm pretty happy with my setup
Yeah too in...I want it more aggressive look. Size is 20x10.5 +45 with 285/30.

Q60 FTW

Reactions: tstod88

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha. Just realized we have the same wheels. I have them in Satin Black. I'm interested in seeing how they look once you get more poke.
I will post before and after pics. I ordered it from Z Performance.

Q60 FTW

·
Registered
179 Posts
How are you liking the AS/3+? I'm debating b/w those and 4S. Living in Charleston SC we don't get below 40 often but it happens. That's the only reason I'm debating the AS/3s

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are you liking the AS/3+? I'm debating b/w those and 4S. Living in Charleston SC we don't get below 40 often but it happens. That's the only reason I'm debating the AS/3s
It's night and day compare to the RFT. However, its noisier than I would like it to be. Maybe its just new.

Q60 FTW

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@tstod88 here is the before and after. I know its only 10mm spacer but it does makes a huge difference. Its hard to capture in photos.

Q60 FTW

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,218 Posts
Is the after the top pic?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are the further out pictures with the 10mm spacers on the rear wheels.

Q60 FTW

Reactions: shamilton273

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks mighty proper! Now you have me wanting to put some spacers on. Think I'll wait until I get 295's for the back though and go from there.

Love the white also. One of my favorite colors on most any car. Have you looked into blacking out the window trim? Guy on e Bay has a pre-cut kit in gloss or matte black. I used the gloss and it turned out pretty okay for my first time vinyl wrapping like that. It would be **** near perfect if I attempted it again. It was only about $40 or $50 for the kit

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks mighty proper! Now you have me wanting to put some spacers on. Think I'll wait until I get 295's for the back though and go from there.

Love the white also. One of my favorite colors on most any car. Have you looked into blacking out the window trim? Guy on e Bay has a pre-cut kit in gloss or matte black. I used the gloss and it turned out pretty okay for my first time vinyl wrapping like that. It would be **** near perfect if I attempted it again. It was only about $40 or $50 for the kit
I planned to black it out but heard a lot of bad reviews about pre-cut kit and other vinyl chrome delete. Last thing I want are creases on the trim and small parts of chrome on the edges.

However, I might still try it in the summer since it's only $ 40 - $50. Do you use heat gun during installation?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I planned to black it out but heard a lot of bad reviews about pre-cut kit and other vinyl chrome delete. Last thing I want are creases on the trim and small parts of chrome on the edges.

However, I might still try it in the summer since it's only $ 40 - $50. Do you use heat gun during installation?
I have very little patience so I got a few small creases, but you have to be super close to notice, aka too close to my car unless at a show which I don't attend.

I used a standard hair dryer. I recommend starting on the passenger side so if you do have a little mistake or two, you won't have to see it everyday lol.

I decided to do it myself after being quoted over $200 to wrap just the grill. I wrapped that myself using the same guys kit. It was more of a pain due to the curves but again, turned out okay for a person with 0 wrap exp.

At the end of the day, the $50 kit will get me by until I feel like paying a professional....which will prob. be never haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm also looking into spacers for my Q60.
I currently have a set of Summer wheels that I purchased for my Q50 and decided to install them on the Q60 this Spring instead.
The rears look like adding a 10mm spacer will work as shown here on the thread.
The issue is that the fronts iare 20x9 +35 : 245/35/20 and needs a larger spacer to push it out far enough.
What size spacers would you recommend?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts