Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the stock 19” wheels and basic calipers. I am purchasing the Akebono brake kit from Z1 to install on my car. My question is will the fit without spacers with my stock wheels? I have attached a picture of the wheels. If there’s a fit issue I’d rather buy new wheels than run spacers. I’ve been looking at the Rays Gram Lights 57DR in 18s and gloss black but don’t know what offset to get. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
the brakes should fit it no spacer; however, you may need spacer depending on the offset. I think the offset on the current wheels is a +40. I'm not 100% sure, but I read that somewhere on the forum. The offset will determine if they will fit with the new brakes.. You may need at least 10 mm spacer depending on the wheels

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you truly need spacers and decide on wheels, be sure the wheels are in stock as you may be waiting for up to 6 months for shipments from Japan.

Are you AWD or RWD?

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you truly need spacers and decide on wheels, be sure the wheels are in stock as you may be waiting for up to 6 months for shipments from Japan.

Are you AWD or RWD?

That is very true.. I waited about 6 months for me and then on top of that the train derailed.. 2 more months after that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am running 2015+ nismo z wheels with 275/40/17 RE71R tires. The wheels are 19x9.5 +40. A +45 would have been ideal as the rears would be tucked in a bit.

The rears are very close but they clear the fender by a hair when the suspension is compressed. If you want some margin for error, michelins tend to not have as wide of a contact patch. Or, you may run a 265/35/19 or a 255/40/19.

I have a Q50 AWD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I’m going to get my spare set of the 19” G35 Coupe rays powder coated and throw them on my car. It’s staggered but I’ll just run the same size tire. Looking at 255/40/19. Still deciding on what color to do. I had the Brembos on my G35 sedan with the rays and had no fitment issues. I’m hoping they’ll clear the Akebono calipers with no spacers. The are a +40 offset.

·
Read Only
343 Posts
I currently have the stock 19” wheels and basic calipers. I am purchasing the Akebono brake kit from Z1 to install on my car. My question is will the fit without spacers with my stock wheels? I have attached a picture of the wheels. If there’s a fit issue I’d rather buy new wheels than run spacers. I’ve been looking at the Rays Gram Lights 57DR in 18s and gloss black but don’t know what offset to get. Any help would be appreciated
here you go- i run H&R 15mm spacers all around..
View attachment 23572

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice!

Also something.. I have different RIMS and tires for the winter, based on what exactly I need to know if Ihave to put a spacer?

The winter rims are 18"
It's going to depend largely on the spoke pattern as well. I run 20mm all around to clear mine, but I think they would have cleared with as little as 6mm. My Austin Infiniti dealer installed mine and was able to tell me what size I needed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here you go, i run this exact setup on the stock 19s, im AWD... just run a 15mm spacer all around..
View attachment 23571
Curious, do you feel difference while braking? The main reason why I wanna change my brakes is because here, in the snowy weather, the original brakes on my Q60 are terrible! They would barely catch your car even if I have good set of winter tires. The ABS system was pushing up the paddles causing the car to never brake but accelerates more

·
Registered
89 Posts
Curious, do you feel difference while braking? The main reason why I wanna change my brakes is because here, in the snowy weather, the original brakes on my Q60 are terrible! They would barely catch your car even if I have good set of winter tires. The ABS system was pushing up the paddles causing the car to never brake but accelerates more
That doesn't sound normal at all. How does the ABS make your car accelerate?

For the record, I had no issues braking in snowy conditions on stock brakes last winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That doesn't sound normal at all. How does the ABS make your car accelerate?

For the record, I had no issues braking in snowy conditions on stock brakes last winter.
I have major issues! Even without snow during the summer, I feel that the brakes are not that good, they take time to stop the car or I have to push really hard. Other cars once you touch the brake it starts to slow down the car, mine I have to really press to start slowing down the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
But again, would there be difference if I change the stock to the Akebono?
I definitely noticed the difference on mine, but pads play a big part in that too.

Reactions: NINaudio
1 - 20 of 21 Posts