Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have looked everywhere to find where I can safely put a floor jack so that I can raise the car and put jack stands on the vehicle. I know where to put the jack stands (on the pinch plates where you put the OEM jack when taking off a tire). I have looked everywhere for a detailed diagram of where you can safely put I floor jack. I want to take my wheels off in order to clean and ceramic coat the rims. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi guys I have looked everywhere to find where I can safely put a floor jack so that I can raise the car and put jack stands on the vehicle. I know where to put the jack stands (on the pinch plates where you put the OEM jack when taking off a tire). I have looked everywhere for a detailed diagram of where you can safely put I floor jack. I want to take my wheels off in order to clean and ceramic coat the rims. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

I lift mine using the low profile floor jack immediately to the right or left of the pinch welds, where as you've mentioned, you put the floor jacks. It's tight because you have to leave enough room to slide the jack stands in. You can also always lift any car up using the metal "lift" holes area. Look for about an inch or so diameter holes... In solid metal.

You can also usually use the rear differential as a lift point. The fronts a bit trickier, but typically there are good spots that are pretty solid and substantial enough to do the job.

My Lexus actually had well documented, in the owner's manual, lift and Jack stand designations, which was great. Usually the factory service manuals, which are well worth the cost, will have this info.

Once I find the proper spots on my cars, I mark both with bright yellow spray paint... Both lift and Jack stand points for easier reference.

I have had ONE instance where a pinch weld "failed". It wasn't catastrophic or anything... It just bent a little bit. It's best to use either a pinch weld adapter or a hockey puck.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im surprised you haven't came across this yet,

Use the Rear diff, and in the front you will see the metal plate in between both front wheels. Hard to reach with even a low profile jack, so I usually drive up on 2x4s and you should be able to get to it easily enough.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Im surprised you haven't came across this yet,

Use the Rear diff, and in the front you will see the metal plate in between both front wheels. Hard to reach with even a low profile jack, so I usually drive up on 2x4s and you should be able to get to it easily enough.

Tried the front this morning. Had to reorient my struts ( never mind...)

Worked like a champ! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts