481 Posts
I'd personally go with one of the AGM options. Less maintenance

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd personally go with one of the AGM options. Less maintenance
That's what the dealership replacement is.
Another dealership wants $636. Battery has 7 year warranty.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's what the dealership replacement is.
Another dealership wants $636. Battery has 7 year warranty.
That's some stealership markup they got there.

Reactions: Brokeas and Bevo

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's some stealership markup they got there.
Yup, all prices quoted with TT&L
So the first 3 are from the Batteries Plus store which includes free installation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer just replaced the battery for me free of charge under warranty. I had a weak start from barely driving. 2019 with 26k miles. Great service. It looks like they replaced it with a super start platinum agm battery. That’s an oreilly battery that goes for 220 bucks. Not complaining at all. I rather have this than the oem battery.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So my OEM wet cell battery will be 7 years old in December. Today I had Advance Auto Parts test it. Results were 615CCA. 650CCA is recommended.

Ordered the X2Power Premium AGM 740CCA BCI Group 35 Car and Truck Battery = TOTAL: $321.49 (had a coupon code) from Batteries Plus

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: Brokeas

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Batteries Plus FTW!
The tech plugged a power supply into the OBD II port to ensure I wouldn't lose any settings. He was very careful removing the trim pieces around the battery compartment and completing the installation in the sun, in 93 degree heat and high humidity over a hot engine bay. ALL FOR FREE!

X2Power Premium AGM 740CCA BCI Group 35 Car and Truck Battery = $324.49 (that included a $3.00 environmental fee and a discount with a promo code)

Had him test the old battery after he removed it just for fun. Battery would have been 6 years old in December. Battery tested "good" but only had 400 of the rated 600 CCA.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Batteries Plus FTW!
The tech plugged a power supply into the OBD II port to ensure I wouldn't lose any settings. He was very careful removing the trim pieces around the battery compartment and completing the installation in the sun, in 93 degree heat and high humidity over a hot engine bay. ALL FOR FREE!

X2Power Premium AGM 740CCA BCI Group 35 Car and Truck Battery = $324.49 (that included a $3.00 environmental fee and a discount with a promo code)

Had him test the old battery after he removed it just for fun. Battery would have been 6 years old in December. Battery tested "good" but only had 400 of the rated 600 CCA.
I just went and got the same battery as you since I was still on the original battery.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
Sounds like you picked the right time to replace the battery before it's performance degraded any further, which could have left you stranded.

Reactions: Bevo

·
Registered
549 Posts
I found out the hard way, when your battery goes there is very limited signs, it either works or its dead! I suggest just replacing it every 4 years.

Reactions: Bevo

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I suggest just replacing it every 4 years.
Or keeping it on a tender while parked and having Advance Auto do a free test occasionally.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Bevo "Or keeping it on a tender while parked and having Advance Auto do a free test occasionally."

As a retiree, I no longer have to commute anywhere for work. As such, my Q just sits in the garage for several days at a time before I can find a reason to take it out on the road. To preserve battery life/charge, I do as the Bevo does - hook up an automatic charger/tender to the batt once a week. Doing so allowed me to get almost six years of service out of the OEM batt which I just changed out earlier this year (see Batt swap).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts