Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what mode do you guys like to cruise in? I see a lot of people always using sport plus.

I haven’t notice a huge difference between sport plus and sport.

which is your favourite mode and why? I want to start playing around with it some more.

modes the sport plus mode make the accelerating through gears faster than sport? Basically I’m wondering if having it in sport modes will decrease the “turbo lag” that I get when I press on the gas during standard mode

·
Registered
199 Posts
I use personal mode almost exclusively with all the sport options enabled and active trace control turned off. I don't have an RS, so no sport+ here, but I have experienced that in sport mode the transmission tends to hold gears a little longer, downshift a little sooner, and upshift a little later.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
personal mode

·
Registered
241 Posts
Personal (Sport everything) with Active Trace Control disabled--only way I drive, summer, winter, and ice. I also always disable Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC). Those are the first two things I do every single time I start my car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Usually personal mode with trace off, I like to mix and match sport suspension and engine/transmission often depending on how I feel like driving (or if wife/baby are with me).

Most of the times though I am manually shifting, either paddles or stick.

Never use standard mode and use Sport+ when I'm going fast.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use personal mode almost exclusively with all the sport options enabled and active trace control turned off. I don't have an RS, so no sport+ here, but I have experienced that in sport mode the transmission tends to hold gears a little longer, downshift a little sooner, and upshift a little later.
Cool yah I was doing personal mode for a bit here with the active trace off.
I like the standard suspension feel but love the sports tightness of the steering

·
Premium Member
2020, Infinity Q60 3.0T AWD
19 Posts
Personal with all sport modes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sport Plus always

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just confirmed today that when in automatic my car drives shifts better in standard mode when in is personal.

I'm usually on personal mode and manual shifting but noticed that when I pull it back to automatic even with engine settings in sport the car still upshifts too early, keeping the revs way too low for my taste.

Going to try personal mode with engine setting on standard and see if it behaves differently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Usually personal mode with trace off, I like to mix and match sport suspension and engine/transmission often depending on how I feel like driving (or if wife/baby are with me).

Most of the times though I am manually shifting, either paddles or stick.

Never use standard mode and use Sport+ when I'm going fast.
How do you disable active trace control?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its inside the drivers setting thingy where you configure your personal profile.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
Thank you!! Do you know what exact turning it off does by chance?
The car won't apply the brakes automatically while turning. If you leave it on, the car will apply brakes automatically while turning.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Going to try personal mode with engine setting on standard and see if it behaves differently.
So I ran some tests and looks like for some reason my personal mode just learned to be lazy, even with engine on sport mode - that just hangs the revs higher when downshifting, but it still upshifts way too early when driving normally. On standard mode it upshifts right, maybe I need to do that reset procedure some people had success with...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The car won't apply the brakes automatically while turning. If you leave it on, the car will apply brakes automatically while turning.
Fam that is probably my least favorite thing Infiniti did. Legit that auto breaking when turning almost got me hit a couple times. Y’all changed my life fr

·
Registered
199 Posts
Fam that is probably my least favorite thing Infiniti did. Legit that auto breaking when turning almost got me hit a couple times. Y’all changed my life fr
It doesn't significantly slow the car down. ATC is designed to apply very slight brake pressure on the inside wheel in order to help when taking turns quickly. It will not stop or slow down your car significantly. You might have had the traction control kick in which will significantly cut power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts