Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 q60s AWD and it has about 50k miles on it, I am under warranty. I have a couple questions to ask. 1. Is my warranty voided with the dealership if I have full catless downpipes installed and BOV and exhaust. ALSO MY MAIN CONCERN, after leaving my car in idle for about 3 minutes or driving for a long period of time. When I come to a stop there is white smoke that comes out of the rear that smells like oil or gas. I checked the oil and it seems clean and it doesn’t seem like I’m burning through it. Is this a common thing with catless or is it something I should be concerned about. Also will an oil catch can reduce this smoke at all? A couple of people had told me that the oil drips onto my pipe but im not sure. I haven’t taken it to shop so any help here will be much appreciated. I’ll include some photos at the bottom of the thread:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Luggage and bags Automotive lighting Bag Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Luggage and bags Automotive lighting Bag Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
Catless downpipes, since they don't have the cats anymore, will not "scrub out" the Nitrogen Oxides, your exhaust will definitely smell.

Warranty wise, BOVs and catless DPs are reasons to deny warranty, especially for turbo-related failures. An axle-back or cat-back exhaust will typically not void the factory warranty.

Reactions: woahQ60

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Catless downpipes, since they don't have the cats anymore, will not "scrub out" the Nitrogen Oxides, your exhaust will definitely smell.

Warranty wise, BOVs and catless DPs are reasons to deny warranty, especially for turbo-related failures. An axle-back or cat-back exhaust will typically not void the factory warranty.
What about the white smoke though? Is that a problem or should I not worry

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
White smoke when the engine is fully warmed-up is likely coolant burning, so yes, that is a problem. Coolant can get burned from either a bad head gasket, a porous engine block, or possibly one of the turbos.

I would take an oil sample and send it to an independent lab to see if coolant is present in the oil, too.

Regardless, I'd highly recommend de-modding to prevent a warranty denial.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My Q60 had white smoke as well, smell of coolant, and low coolant in both reservoirs. Had my engine replaced recently b/c of that.

In addition to checking the oil like IridiumRS400 said, I'd have the dealer do a leak down and compression test to see if the leak is internal. GL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts