Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2017 Q60 Red Sport to the dealership today to handle an issue with the radio dropping my Bluetooth connection. Said they did a system update. When I left, white smoke billowing out of my tailpipes - worsened when I accelerated. Temp gauge didn’t spike, no loud strange noises, no smoke in engine compartment, no oil or coolant puddles noticed under the car, drove it 80miles on the highway this AM with no problems whatsoever, no noticeable issues with performance when I drove it (other than the smoke). Dealership techs have no idea what is wrong or what caused problem according to Service Advisor. Car only has 24k miles on it, all scheduled maintenance done at this Infiniti dealership, & normal oil change/fluid check done within the past couple of weeks.

Any thoughts? Anyone had similar issues?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,699 Posts
Never heard of that. Is it still smoking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is at the dealership at the moment, so I haven’t seen it today. They are trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Did they do a carb clean or a combustion test? If so the white smoke will go away.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,699 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
just check your coolant levels...white smoke means water evaporating..blue means oil. The white smoke can be just be from water condensation from the exhaust or leaky headgaskets or your oil will look milky when you check your oil. If its leaky head gaskets you should see a drop in coolant levels for the radiator and check your oil make sure it doesnt look milky. But more then likely its probably just water thats in the exhaust that forms in the morning. But i would just keep an eye out on your coolant levels just to be safe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My car this same coolant level is łów empty .
I got to servis still wait what is wrong, i have still warranty.
Q60S AWD 2019 Year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My q60 was blowing white smoke as well at idle. I have 6k miles on a 2019 luxe I bought it with 4k only had it 3 months. The dealer said there was coolant ans metal in the oil ans they are trying to replace the engine just waiting on infinti

1 - 12 of 12 Posts