Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other brands is Infiniti competing against with the Q60? How do you think the Q60 ranks compared to the competition?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looking forward to the Cadillac ATS-V Coupe, I have a feeling the IPL Q60 won't have a chance when put up against the ATS-V coupe. Unless Infiniti really pushes to make the IPL Q60 more of a performance vehicle than the IPL G37 was.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking forward to the Cadillac ATS-V Coupe, I have a feeling the IPL Q60 won't have a chance when put up against the ATS-V coupe. Unless Infiniti really pushes to make the IPL Q60 more of a performance vehicle than the IPL G37 was.
Making the Q60 with forced induction will put up a good fight with the ATS-V but in terms of handling I will put my money on the Q60, if they decide to keep the v6 with a forced induction kit. I said IF!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think the main competition will come down to the Q60 vs the ATS. I feel these are the most direct competitors.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lexus might have a sports coupe on the way to compete with the Infiniti Q60. It may be called the Lexus RC 350.
I heard a lot about that, if the Q60 will be as good as we're speculating it to be then it will be a lot of fun seeing the Q60 competing with the Lexus RC.

Their IS-F was an amazing car, and im expecting all of this and more to be put into a coupe, the RC-F (yes they trademarked it)

RC-F vs IPL Q60 :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is good I guess Lexus wants a piece of the pie back from the luxury coupe segment. I can't even remember when the last time they made a coupe. Actually the sc430 yes, but it was a convertible too. Either way for them to even consider and make a rumor that only means there is money to be made in that segment and they want some too.

·
Registered
500 Posts
This is good I guess Lexus wants a piece of the pie back from the luxury coupe segment. I can't even remember when the last time they made a coupe. Actually the sc430 yes, but it was a convertible too. Either way for them to even consider and make a rumor that only means there is money to be made in that segment and they want some too.
They always had the Lexus SC, but it never sells that well and it's just a really heavy big v8 engine coupe, nothing as refined as the Infiniti G35 or G37. They did have the Lexus IS coupe, it wasn't bad, but was a good start. The RC from what I understand will be a first for them in the compact performance coupe class.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I remember those Sc300 and 400 coupes. They were known to be one of the most luxurious coupes. But the only thing about them was the price at the time and for that time period a v8 was intimidating for those who were more concerned about fuel economy.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I remember those Sc300 and 400 coupes. They were known to be one of the most luxurious coupes. But the only thing about them was the price at the time and for that time period a v8 was intimidating for those who were more concerned about fuel economy.
actually no, back in the 90's when those cars came out people didn't worry about filling up at the pump, it's only once we hit the year 2000 that people started to worry about filling up their V8's. Quite a lot of vehicles from the 90's had big V8's, V10's and even V12's, now every car maker is nearly being forced to downsize.

At least Infiniti coupes have always been the coupes that give you the best mix of fuel efficiency and performance, 6 cylinders is where it stops for me!

·
Registered
75 Posts
actually no, back in the 90's when those cars came out people didn't worry about filling up at the pump, it's only once we hit the year 2000 that people started to worry about filling up their V8's. Quite a lot of vehicles from the 90's had big V8's, V10's and even V12's, now every car maker is nearly being forced to downsize.

At least Infiniti coupes have always been the coupes that give you the best mix of fuel efficiency and performance, 6 cylinders is where it stops for me!
I agree, I don't remember there being a lot of fuel economy talk back then. Gas prices was almost an after thought. How times have changed. :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's the trend of new cars. Gas mileage is a concern now. And it will be ever increasing.

Gas guzzlers are left for people who can afford it.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Maybe you haven't been driving long enough but there was and will always be a problem and people complain about gas prices. The increases of fuel was subtle compared to what it is now. at one point there was no steady incline, one day it just jumped to 30 cents more. I remember that day, every single gas station was full with a line up out of the place.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's the trend of new cars. Gas mileage is a concern now. And it will be ever increasing.

Gas guzzlers are left for people who can afford it.
Yes indeed.With the population on the rise there will only be more drivers and soon there might be a scarce for fuel. the economy has to adjust somehow to make up for it.

Just be glad that the Q60 won't be a V8 but v6 fuel economy is brutal already. having these types of vehicles is a compromise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hybrids and electric are the future. I use to hate them but recently I have rethought it. The Tesla S just got the best rating out of any car on consumer reports.

The less we rely on fuel the better we'll be IMO. Petrol cars will become the classic car in 50 years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The new Lexus IS is another car on my short list. I was considering the ATS but I've read some pretty bad reviews. Matt Farrah absolutely hated it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hybrids and electric are the future. I use to hate them but recently I have rethought it. The Tesla S just got the best rating out of any car on consumer reports.

The less we rely on fuel the better we'll be IMO. Petrol cars will become the classic car in 50 years.
I use to think the same but i have come to accept that hybrid can still be great beside making good mileage. The amount of torque and where infiniti is taking the technology is amazing. I love the torque numbers that the electric motors help generate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the new Lexus IS strictly because of the exterior look. But the inside is just marvelous. I don't think any body will argue with the design of the Lexus IS and GS interior. On the other note the Cadillac ATS is a strong up and comer. I would keep a close eye on the ATS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Th ATS is one of Cadillac's new gems that will make them lots and lots of money. The award winning design has turned the cadillac brand around. I really like the design.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts