Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Q60 2.0T Premium. After four years I figured I'd better start thinking changing the battery. Popped the hood and found the battery in the regular place. I went to the trunk and grabbed some stuff and noticed a compartment in the trunk on the drivers side. Had a couple clips on it so I removed them, opened the compartment and there's another battery. Is this just a 2.0 addition? And does anyone know why there are 2?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I have a 2017 Q60 2.0T Premium. After four years I figured I'd better start thinking changing the battery. Popped the hood and found the battery in the regular place. I went to the trunk and grabbed some stuff and noticed a compartment in the trunk on the drivers side. Had a couple clips on it so I removed them, opened the compartment and there's another battery. Is this just a 2.0 addition? And does anyone know why there are 2?
Most likely your Q is equipped with the "Start/Stop" function, a fuel-saving system employed when the vehicle is stationary and the motor is running. That batt in the trunk is part of the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely your Q is equipped with the "Start/Stop" function, a fuel-saving system employed when the vehicle is stationary and the motor is running. That batt in the trunk is part of the system.
Thank you that makes sense. Google came up with nothing.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,721 Posts
Thank you that makes sense. Google came up with nothing.
In the owner's manual
AUXILIARY BATTERY (for 2.0L turbo gasoline engine models)
Pages 6-14 & 15

1 - 4 of 4 Posts