Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in an area that has lots of heat and have to park in sun (but with visors). I have never in all my life had a car where upon touch, the transmission stick and steering wheel is so hot! Can anyone recommend what I can do (other than taking a towel which helps some) to cover this and also a good site for purchasing a steering wheel cover?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
What worked for me is having a good window film. Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle on the back and side windows and AIR Blue on the windshield. Prior to the AIR Blue I couldn't even touch my steering wheel after parking out in the sun.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: MikesQ60_3.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What worked for me is having a good window film. Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle on the back and side windows and AIR Blue on the windshield. Prior to the AIR Blue I couldn't even touch my steering wheel after parking out in the sun.
Thank you-I will check into

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
I've tried this type visor and also others
Then the sun must be coming through the windows if the windshield is completely covered. It gets kind of hot in Houston and nothing in the interior of my Q60 is any hotter than any other vehicles I've owned.

Does your glass have aftermarket tint?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
No, in California your not allowed to tint the driver/passenger windows.
Front side windows must have 70% light transmission or more.

·
Registered
457 Posts
No, in California your not allowed to tint the driver/passenger windows. I will try though a slight tint if I can do. Thank you.
Make sure to go with ceramic tint, it has higher heat rejection than basic dyed tints.

Reactions: Omenx

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,149 Posts
No, in California your not allowed to tint the driver/passenger windows. I will try though a slight tint if I can do. Thank you.
I have Llumar airblue80 on my windshield and it's awesome. I've had it on multiple cars including my current daily. You can't tell it's there but it cuts down on the amount of heat coming in while still keeping you at the legal federal limits.

I've also found that it makes it so the sunlight is less harsh during the day so I can drive wearing my regular glasses and not have to use prescription sunglasses. I highly recommend it. It's a ceramic tint as well so good heat rejection.

·
Registered
2019 Infiniti Q60 Luxe QAB
37 Posts
I had airblue80 on my windshield and it's awesome. I've had it on multiple cars including my current daily. You can't tell it's there but it cuts down on the amount of heat coming in while still keeping you at the legal federal limits.

I've also found that it makes it so the sunlight is less harsh during the day so I can drive wearing my regular glasses and not have to use prescription sunglasses. I highly recommend it. It's a ceramic tint as well so good heat rejection.
Roughly much much did that cost ? I think the film is pretty expensive right ?

·
Super Moderator
2,149 Posts
Roughly much much did that cost ? I think the film is pretty expensive right ?
It will depend on the installer I think. I outsourced it through someone who was doing my ceramic coating at the time and he charged me $600 which seemed high (I didn't question it because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of multiple shops).

However, a couple years later, I went direct to the tint shop in town that installed the tint and he charged me $300 but that included regular 35% tint on all the windows as well for my Rav4.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
testrage makes a good point regarding installers. I just had (last week) Llumar FormulaOe Pinnacle ceramic 35% installed on my back and side windows and AirBlue on my windshield for $545. When I first got that quote, in shock, I called another installer and they quoted $760. It had been several years since I had this installed on my G37 sedan and the price, apparently, had skyrocketed.... coming to my senses I realized we're talking about a $60k car, it's probably a little late to pinch pennies...that ship sailed when I signed the purchase agreement

1 - 16 of 16 Posts