Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on here in months and after coming back today while bored...I was reading through some of the threads and posts over the past few months since I was last here, and I've noticed the amount of activity for a car enthusiast forum is pretty low compared to the forums of other car brands/models. And I'm curious what the reason for this is.

Does it have something to do with the perceived lack of popularity of the new Q60? I owned a car that was considered a "rare" sighting for the first two years or so of its production back in the early 2000s, and the forums for that car was a madhouse.

Or is it more so related to the type of crowd that this car attracts (a bit older and less interested in modding/tech/etc)?

I just find it somewhat disheartening that every other car I've owned in the past 15 years (Mazda, Lexus, BMW) all had large forums with tons of new posts and activity each day, whereas this place in comparison seems like it gets maybe a few new posts a week. Really wasn't expecting the new Q60 to end up having such a small/silent fan base.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
What percentage of all new car sales are Q60s, and what percentage of Q60 owners join a forum? It's probably pretty small.

·
Registered
189 Posts
1. Small 2. Small 3. Yes :)

Reactions: InfinitiFreak

·
Registered
153 Posts
I haven't been on here in months and after coming back today while bored...I was reading through some of the threads and posts over the past few months since I was last here, and I've noticed the amount of activity for a car enthusiast forum is pretty low compared to the forums of other car brands/models. And I'm curious what the reason for this is.

Does it have something to do with the perceived lack of popularity of the new Q60? I owned a car that was considered a "rare" sighting for the first two years or so of its production back in the early 2000s, and the forums for that car was a madhouse.

Or is it more so related to the type of crowd that this car attracts (a bit older and less interested in modding/tech/etc)?

I just find it somewhat disheartening that every other car I've owned in the past 15 years (Mazda, Lexus, BMW) all had large forums with tons of new posts and activity each day, whereas this place in comparison seems like it gets maybe a few new posts a week. Really wasn't expecting the new Q60 to end up having such a small/silent fan base.
Speedy, you're a real Debbie downer. Everyone of your post knocks the q60. You posted like 4 times today and nothing good to say about the Q

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speedy, you're a real Debbie downer. Everyone of your post knocks the q60. You posted like 4 times today and nothing good to say about the Q
Yeah...sounds about right. I've owned my Q60 for 9 months now. And I'll admit the car just doesn't do much for me anymore. The novelty pretty much wore off about 4 months in. Maybe I should have spent a little more and selected the RS instead of the 3.0T for the extra ponies? Who knows.

I was hoping to come back on here and find some new, exciting, inspirational threads related to interior/tech/performance mods and tunes but the place is pretty much exactly how I left it and super quiet. Oh well

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Yeah...sounds about right. I've owned my Q60 for 9 months now. And I'll admit the car just doesn't do much for me anymore. The novelty pretty much wore off about 4 months in. Maybe I should have spent a little more and selected the RS instead of the 3.0T for the extra ponies? Who knows.

I was hoping to come back on here and find some new, exciting, inspirational threads related to interior/tech/performance mods and tunes but the place is pretty much exactly how I left it and super quiet. Oh well
We're all waiting for you to create your garage

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
There's an idea for a thread - post pictures of your bad ass garage with your Q60 in it.

Maybe there is already one like that
Actually I was referring to a feature in the user profile where you can create a garage. It creates a link (Garage) under your post count that is displayed with every post.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Probably the most damning reason there's no love for the Q60 is that Nissan Japan doesn't sell this iteration of the Q60. They only have HV37/HNV37/YV37/ZV37 versions of the Q50.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Probably the most damning reason there's no love for the Q60 is that Nissan Japan doesn't sell this iteration of the Q60. They only have HV37/HNV37/YV37/ZV37 versions of the Q50.
Wrong, plain and simple.

Here are the reasons why the Q50/60 platform in general doesnt get paid much attention to:
1. Everything before the 3.0t engine, Red Sport specifically, was old and rehashed. Many started to pay more attention to Infiniti when the new engine came out which put out great numbers - but this is only recent.
2. Its a boring platform compared to G37. It has no soul. I drone my G37 coupe for 5 years and it always put a smile on my face. My Red Sport is more refined but doesnt have the same sporty feel.
3. No manual. Many simply dont care about these cars now that no manual is offered. If Infiniti offered a proper dual clutch perhaps more would be convinced. Its the same carry over transmission with small adjustments from previous gen that was out for 6 years...
4. No real innovation. Other than design changes on the outside and in, and adaptive steering (which got very bad reviews in the beginning), what has Infiniti done thats so innovative? The only big push thats quantifiable to some degree is the 3.0t engine, thats it.

Infiniti couldnt even offer cooled seats in the Q60, I mean come on, really? Previous gen G37 Coupe Convertible had cooled seats, all they had to do is carry over the tech like they have been doing, but no.

Many wont agree with me because they are drinking the kool-aid, but truth be told Infiniti is lagging behind badly. When cheaper Golf R for example has better autonomous driving tech, and tech in general, it makes you scratch your head - and it costs 15k less.

My lease is up in 2 years so I hope they address majority of the things I mentioned. Transmission being the biggest issue. To pair a transmission to a great 3.0t engine thats mostly useless past 4th gear in terms of performance driving is laughable. 5th, 6th, 7th are still just overdrive gears to get you better MPG, same ol thing from 5 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Wrong, plain and simple.

Here are the reasons why the Q50/60 platform in general doesnt get paid much attention to:
1. Everything before the 3.0t engine, Red Sport specifically, was old and rehashed. Many started to pay more attention to Infiniti when the new engine came out which put out great numbers - but this is only recent.
2. Its a boring platform compared to G37. It has no soul. I drone my G37 coupe for 5 years and it always put a smile on my face. My Red Sport is more refined but doesnt have the same sporty feel.
3. No manual. Many simply dont care about these cars now that no manual is offered. If Infiniti offered a proper dual clutch perhaps more would be convinced. Its the same carry over transmission with small adjustments from previous gen that was out for 6 years...
4. No real innovation. Other than design changes on the outside and in, and adaptive steering (which got very bad reviews in the beginning), what has Infiniti done thats so innovative? The only big push thats quantifiable to some degree is the 3.0t engine, thats it.

Infiniti couldnt even offer cooled seats in the Q60, I mean come on, really? Previous gen G37 Coupe Convertible had cooled seats, all they had to do is carry over the tech like they have been doing, but no.

Many wont agree with me because they are drinking the kool-aid, but truth be told Infiniti is lagging behind badly. When cheaper Golf R for example has better autonomous driving tech, and tech in general, it makes you scratch your head - and it costs 15k less.

My lease is up in 2 years so I hope they address majority of the things I mentioned. Transmission being the biggest issue. To pair a transmission to a great 3.0t engine thats mostly useless past 4th gear in terms of performance driving is laughable. 5th, 6th, 7th are still just overdrive gears to get you better MPG, same ol thing from 5 years ago.
You figured all that out after you signed the lease? ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Alright, I have to interject here.

Can someone please tell me what this means? I keep seeing it, but no one has any concrete examples. My Red Sport always puts a smile on my face, so... checkmate?

Also G37S, don't you drive a Q50 now? If you're comparing a coupe and a sedan, in almost every case the coupe is going to feel sportier.

You're talking about two very different things here. A DCT is not the answer to manual, because even the 7speed we have right now is lightning fast compared to shifting manually. Dual clutch vs single clutch/torque converter will only make a difference on the track, not for 99% of consumers.

It's 2017, manual is inferior in almost every way and is going the way of the Dodo on many luxury brands. I think you're overestimating the number of people who are refusing to buy Infiniti due to lack of manual transmission options.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maybe I am slow and more conservative but I struggle thinking about lots of Mods since I am only a couple of months into my warranty LOL.

Reactions: endeavor1

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
This is a priceless hater's thread. Started with a post about how casual our forums are with regards to the Q60's general popularity. Then dovetailed into why the Q60 is/isn't as fun as the G37. Awesome. So here's my two cents, if you think the Q60 3.0t is not intriguing enough maybe you should've been wiser and got the red sport. If the RS isn't sporty enough maybe you should upgrade it with things like a CBE, DP's, CAI (I know I know that one is still in the air) and let it come alive. If you don't want to mod cause you're a leaser or just a pansy then I guess you're stuck bemoaning other people's opposing opinions in advance with statements like "they are drinking the kool-aid".

·
Registered
147 Posts
I gotta say the Q60 has its faults but its still a great car. Both visually and performance wise. It may not be the fastest car with the best transmission but I feel like they did created a platform with tons of potential for the price point. Ive found some people on this forum are overly sensitive to certain issues. For example people were complaining the sport exhaust without mufflers was too loud and was droney. I find that its not loud enough and barely has drone. I guess its impossible to make everyone happy. As soon as more companies like AMS come out with their products and people see what this car rlly can do im sure it will get alot more interest

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
This is a priceless hater's thread. Started with a post about how casual our forums are with regards to the Q60's general popularity. Then dovetailed into why the Q60 is/isn't as fun as the G37. Awesome. So here's my two cents, if you think the Q60 3.0t is not intriguing enough maybe you should've been wiser and got the red sport.
I agree. The mods are keeping an eye on this one so that it doesn't get too negative. But I encourage a healthy debate/discussion.

If the RS isn't sporty enough maybe you should upgrade it with things like a CBE, DP's, CAI (I know I know that one is still in the air) and let it come alive. If you don't want to mod cause you're a leaser or just a pansy then I guess you're stuck bemoaning other people's opposing opinions in advance with statements like "they are drinking the kool-aid".
Woah man....that's a little harsh!! Some of us don't really feel the need to mod our cars like crazy and are still enjoying our cars. Please be careful with use of certain terms.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Woah man....that's a little harsh!! Some of us don't really feel the need to mod our cars like crazy and are still enjoying our cars. Please be careful with use of certain terms.
What? I always call you guys that won't mod your car pansies there's nothing new there...So serious, so sensitive >:) HAHA

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought one of the first G35 Coupe's off the Truck in early October 2002. When the G37 came out I was all over it. But I couldn't get passed the look and feel but I won't get negative here... So I stayed for like ever looking and waiting and became a regular at the BMW, Audi, and Jag local dealers. I am extremely happy with my Q60 RS while their is no absolutes or perfectness in anything. I wish you the best of luck and now time to move along :)

Reactions: InfinitiFreak
1 - 20 of 36 Posts