Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti Q60 Manual / Standard Transmission no more?!

Would you still buy the Q60 if it wasn't sold in manual?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think there will be an option for both either a six speed manual transmission or a 7 speed automatic but will it be DCT? When it comes to a coupe i would usually say that they sell the majority in manual. But thats my guess.

I am a strong believer of the manual transmission. You have so much more control of the car itself with handling and balance. i feel that automatics sometimes get confused of what the drivers intentions are. And its hard to tell by just the pedal.

Automatics are good for those consumers who want to simply just drive and manual is more for your track enthusiast.

One big thing is do you think that Manual transmission will save you gas over the automatic?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I want manual but car makers are cutting manuals from their vehicles giving us really responsive automatics. Manual or automatic....im still getting a Q60. I just hope the automatic transmission is good if they don't plan on making a manual

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do prefer manual but with certain cars. For the Q60 i would prefer an automatic. Its more of a luxury class type vehicles, I just want the comfort and get the most of the luxury. I just hate drving manual in the city from stop sign to stop sign.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I do prefer manual but with certain cars. For the Q60 i would prefer an automatic. Its more of a luxury class type vehicles, I just want the comfort and get the most of the luxury. I just hate drving manual in the city from stop sign to stop sign.

The Q60 is actually suppose to be more of a performance oriented coupe, Infiniti is slowly pushing to build the G line up to compete with 3-series type of vehicles, and eventually the M3.

A car like this is best enjoyed with a Manual transmission! or maybe even an SMG-like transmission.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This rumored IPL Q60 is killing me! From the rumor mill the IPL Q60 is suppose to be a 500hp beast. So if it does ever reach the production line Infiniti better make the right decisions on putting a good transmission to go along with it. for instance if we look at the R35 GTR skyline it never came in a manual transmission simply because the shifting rate is too fast for the human hand. So they used a dual clutch automatic transmission instead. Maybe this will be the same for the Infiniti Q60. Who knows?

·
Registered
116 Posts
This rumored IPL Q60 is killing me! From the rumor mill the IPL Q60 is suppose to be a 500hp beast. So if it does ever reach the production line Infiniti better make the right decisions on putting a good transmission to go along with it. for instance if we look at the R35 GTR skyline it never came in a manual transmission simply because the shifting rate is too fast for the human hand. So they used a dual clutch automatic transmission instead. Maybe this will be the same for the Infiniti Q60. Who knows?

Good question. If they really develop an engine for the Q60 that is that powerful, I think it will need a transmission that's heavily based on the GT-R's transmission technology.

If a 500HP IPL Q60 is made with what we're speculating here, it's going to be EXPENSIVE. $80k at least.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good question. If they really develop an engine for the Q60 that is that powerful, I think it will need a transmission that's heavily based on the GT-R's transmission technology.

If a 500HP IPL Q60 is made with what we're speculating here, it's going to be EXPENSIVE. $80k at least.
That is one problem that will throw off the equation of this 500hp IPL Q60... the cost. I sounds way too good to be true honestly/ I don't know whether if we should stay in denial because if you think about it logically the cost for this car is going to be greater than the previous IPL G37.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You never know they shot down the Q50 so keep in mind that the Q60 is the only surviving chance for it to happen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If the Infiniti Q60 decide to go with that route this time around I think it might be a deal breaker for those true enthusiast who prefer manual over automatic. To some it might be enough to call it a day and walk away from the Q60.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well if the IPL comes with an decent amount of horsepower this time around i'll be glad to paddle shift my way through the gears

·
Registered
40 Posts
If Infiniti decides to scrap the manual transmission I'd say it's too soon since it doesn't offer enough power to forget about the shifting.

at least build up the horsepower first before dropping the manual option.

·
Registered
500 Posts
IF there's no manual transmission option then they should at least give us a DCT transmission. Making people wait just over two years just to get the REAL Q60 is quite some time, they'll have to make up for it :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
IF there's no manual transmission option then they should at least give us a DCT transmission. Making people wait just over two years just to get the REAL Q60 is quite some time, they'll have to make up for it :D
DCT is great but not absolutely needed.
There are a lot of great performance coupes and sedans that come with traditional automatic transmissions which perform amazingly well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Q60 only comes only with woosiemmatic! Yich!

Hey, I LOVE manual trans ONLY! I own 10 cars and EVERY ONE OF THEM IS A MANUAL, INCLUDING MY 1971 CHEVELLE SS454 SUPERCHARGED CUSTOM CAR. BOUGHT IT NEW IN 1971 WITH AN M22 ROCK CRUSHER 4-SPEED!. It now has a Doug Nash 5-speed that I put in the car back in 1991. Well, I bought a gorgeous 2013 G37 Coupe IPL: 6MT a couple of yrs ago. LOVE IT!! Put in long tube headers, Throttle Enhancer, Cold Air Intake and had a custom performance tune done at Z-Fever in Tampa, FL on the dyno a yr ago. Makes 401 HP and 325 Ft #'s TQ at the crank. 344 HP to the wheels and 285 Ft # TQ to the wheels on the dyno. Car is an ANIMAL! I LOVE IT!! I wanted to add a new 2017 Reline Q60 turbo Coupe 400 HP to my collection. But I found out that 6MT is NO LONGER available! Car comes ONLY with a woosie-matic! UGH! I will NEVER EVER buy ANYTHING with a woosie-matic! NEVER! Ugh! So no more new Infinities for me! I wrote them and told them how I felt. They did not seem to car a bit!! What a shame!
RKP.

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
Good morning or afternoon or evening where you are :D

I appreciate everyone's maturity on this forum and thank you for not feeding the troll. The user in question has been warned. Further attempts to inflame this forum or use inflammatory language will be met with a permanent ban!

Given that this thread was created in 2013, I will close it to prevent future issues like this from reoccurring.

Thank you again everyone. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.