Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you need to know about the Lexus IS-F Coupe is that it will be crazy, possibly with a twin turbo or single turbo V6 engine to replace the current 5.0 V8. Judging from what Lexus is capable of, the IS-F Coupe has the potential to be a BMW M3 coupe killer!

Does Infiniti have a chance at creating a sports coupe as good as the BMW M3 and Lexus IS-F Coupe?

See new spy shots of the 2015 IS-F Coupe here: 2015 Lexus IS F Coupe Spotted for the First Time | AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow they dropped the v8?! hmm this will be interesting to see what they do with the v6. I don't think the Q60 would really be in the same segment unless infiniti makes an incredible IPL Q60 coupe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
First thing that Lexus did right... they made a coupe again!!! This will be huge in the automotive market so does this mean there will be no four door lexus ISF? The bmw M4 will be a closer competitor than the Q60 I think.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well that really depends on what Lexus end up doing with that V6. I am just thinking it will be turbocharged but will it break the 400hp mark that is the question.

The best move lexus made was bringing back a coupe in to the mix. A coupe was mentioned to be one of the key type of vehicles they were missing. Now this is good coverage.

Unless the Q60 comes out with a powerful IPL model they will be left behind in the dust.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Surprisingly this new IS-F is keeping the same quad exhaust tips, well covers... But I thought they would come out with a different design or shape. The coupe works ;)

The front end even with the camo I could be wrong but reminds me a lot of a LFA.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is pretty much a mini LFA in the works. A twin turbo v6 would be awesome. I suddenly feel the supra era coming back alive all over again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well that really depends on what Lexus end up doing with that V6. I am just thinking it will be turbocharged but will it break the 400hp mark that is the question.

The best move lexus made was bringing back a coupe in to the mix. A coupe was mentioned to be one of the key type of vehicles they were missing. Now this is good coverage.

Unless the Q60 comes out with a powerful IPL model they will be left behind in the dust.
I would think it should at least retain the same or more horse power range as the last IS-F sedan with the V8. This time around with the turbo v6 this thing will be a beast. I just hope it weighs less than the last generation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Will the IPL Q60 ever be as good as the IS-F coupe?

Hard to say at the moment I don't want to jinx it but the last IPL line models was a big let down not only to the fans but their brand as well. At this point I have no high expectations in Infiniti's IPL Q60. They really have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to fix this one.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Will the IPL Q60 ever be as good as the IS-F coupe?

Hard to say at the moment I don't want to jinx it but the last IPL line models was a big let down not only to the fans but their brand as well. At this point I have no high expectations in Infiniti's IPL Q60. They really have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to fix this one.
I'll agree, the last IPL G37 model only had 13 more horse power. What kind of bs is that. Even if it just a sport trim they usually would have at least a 25hp increase.

I really want infiniti to do well but there is nothing rumors brewing up in the mill and no confirmation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Surprisingly this new IS-F is keeping the same quad exhaust tips, well covers... But I thought they would come out with a different design or shape. The coupe works ;)

The front end even with the camo I could be wrong but reminds me a lot of a LFA.
Well since its still undercovers anything could be just a mock up or a disguise to throw of the car paparazzi. I'd wait till when the covers come on and make a call then. For now just enjoy :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First thing that Lexus did right... they made a coupe again!!! This will be huge in the automotive market so does this mean there will be no four door lexus ISF? The bmw M4 will be a closer competitor than the Q60 I think.
Yup it's been a very long time. The last coupe they made was great for it's time, probably one of the best cars around. Finally their back with one with true performance, with just about everything you can ask for in a performance coupe!

·
Registered
116 Posts
too much gap going on around the exhaust tips, they need to have the lower part of the bumper tie into the exhaust in a better way like on the current IS-F

·
Registered
67 Posts
They might end up calling it a Lexus RC-F. Hopefully, they'll offer an RC 350 with the same chassis, since that would be more in my price range. I'm thinking RC 350 would be $45-50K whereas the IS/RC-F would probably be $60K+.

It's going to be a duel between the Q60 and IS/RC. Now we just have to wait for some spy shots of the Q60.

·
Registered
228 Posts
They might end up calling it a Lexus RC-F. Hopefully, they'll offer an RC 350 with the same chassis, since that would be more in my price range. I'm thinking RC 350 would be $45-50K whereas the IS/RC-F would probably be $60K+.

It's going to be a duel between the Q60 and IS/RC. Now we just have to wait for some spy shots of the Q60.
I doubt they will call it the RC, even though they did have trademarks for RC-F and RC-350. it would be better if it was named the IS which is what it really is.... a coupe version of the IS Sedan

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yup it's been a very long time. The last coupe they made was great for it's time, probably one of the best cars around. Finally their back with one with true performance, with just about everything you can ask for in a performance coupe!
It's about time they bring a coupe back in their line up. I would love to see the ISF coupe. I think I saw a rendering and it actually looks pretty good as a coupe some even say that the IS looks better with two doors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I doubt they will call it the RC, even though they did have trademarks for RC-F and RC-350. it would be better if it was named the IS which is what it really is.... a coupe version of the IS Sedan
It's possible. Lexus might try to follow in BMW and Infiniti's footsteps by assigning a different name to the 2-door variant. (ex. coupe version of Infiniti Q50 will be called Q60, coupe version of BMW 3-series will be called 4-series.)

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's possible. Lexus might try to follow in BMW and Infiniti's footsteps by assigning a different name to the 2-door variant. (ex. coupe version of Infiniti Q50 will be called Q60, coupe version of BMW 3-series will be called 4-series.)
that's even more possible now since apparently the spied Lexus coupe we're seeing here is a mix of the IS and GS. I heard from an automotive media blog that it mixes the IS and GS "DNA's". So the "RC" badge might actually stick and not end up being "IS", "ISc", "IS350c", etc

This lexus coupe being a model of it's own is better because in a way it makes it seem like a unique coupe, not something put together partially from another vehicle's parts bin.

·
Registered
228 Posts
More info on the Lexus Coupe...

Lexus Plans to Add 2.0L Turbo Engine to Model Lineup

Lexus will soon add a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine as a step toward modernizing its powertrain selection.

The new turbocharged engine will be the first for Lexus, and is expected to have around 250 horsepower and will be used as a base engine for its mid-sized vehicles as well as its entry-level models. The brand will also overhaul several of its models in the upcoming years, in addition to adding new nameplates including a compact crossover.

SEE ALSO: 2015 Lexus RC F Caught Testing on the Nürburgring

The most exciting of those is the Lexus RC sports car, which will use the same IS/GS platform and will essentially be a coupe version of the new IS sport sedan. That model is expected to debut at this year’s Tokyo Motor Show and may be the first to sport the automaker’s turbocharged engine. As for the rest of the lineup, the CT 200h will see more telematics features for the 2014 model year, while the GX lineup will receive a midcycle refresh for 2014.

As we know, the IS, ES, GS, and LS have all recently received major changes, so don’t expect any major changes for those nameplates over the next couple of years. The LF-LC flagship coupe concept however just received the green light from Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda, and will likely be produced as a 2+2 hybrid. According to sources, the production LF-LC is expected to arrive in late 2015.

Lexus’ entry into the compact crossover segment will come in the form of a NX model and will be based on the RAV4 platform. Recent trademark filings for the NX 200t and NX 300h hint that the crossover will also be powered by the brand’s new 2.0-liter, turbo engine while a hybrid variant will also be in tow.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts