Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far theres no word on whether Infiniti will be releasing a convertible model yet. I guess we can just speculate for the time being. But when Infiniti had the G37 coupe not every one like the look. If they did make a Q60 Convertible do you think if will look good?

We can just base it off of this and imagine...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I really don't care much for convertibles. Maybe Infiniti will release one a year or two after the initial release, but I hope for now they just focus on the coupe model.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Based on previous sales numbers of the G37 convertible, there was not a big impact on sales. It just was a convincing type vehicle to consumers. The rarity of a convertible in a somewhat niche market. And plus who drives a convertible all year round so now digging deeper who is interested to buy two vehicles to cover all year round. The soft top to most dont look convincing to put up a fight to the elements.

Will there be a convertible Q60..., of course because infiniti doesnt learn and want to compete in any market they can. This will never be as iconic as the Honda s2000 roadster or porshe 911 cabriolet. Im not saying its competing directly with those vehicles but when you do think of convertibles. Those are the ones that sold and you see the most of on the street. Am i right or am i right?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here's my rendering of the Q60 Convertible. What do you guys think?

clearly it's a horrible rendering but if done right i believe a q60 convertible will actually look good. i just wonder if they will release it the same time as the hard top or have people wait a year like what some car makers do

·
Registered
56 Posts
haha you gotta use your imagination to fill it in. But seriously, I won't be purchasing the convertible version. They don't really float my boat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If we all think and hope and pray, we can get a hardtop convertible here... lets focus people! I want that sunshine on my winery weekends!!! GO TEAM!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dont mind if the q60 every came in an convertible but it has to be a hardtop. I've had a convertible in the past and i dont know about you guys but security is an issue with soft tops. All it takes it a knife of a box cutter to infiltrate. So a hardtop will give me a nice piece of mind when my car is parked.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If they were to add a hardtop convertible that will just add to the cost in the end. Those hardtops are not cheap especially when you add up the cost of the mechanics. The motor and moving parts can easily add up another $5000-$7000. how much was the previous g37 convertible compare to the base?

·
Registered
116 Posts
If there's enough aftermarket demand I can see a hardtop becoming available, but it's going to be a really long time before that ever happens.

A spoon mooncraft style hardtop with more of a shooting brake look to it will suit the Q60 well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If there's enough aftermarket demand I can see a hardtop becoming available, but it's going to be a really long time before that ever happens.

A spoon mooncraft style hardtop with more of a shooting brake look to it will suit the Q60 well.
I doubt that will flow nicely with how the q60 is designed

it's better they stay away from the whole shooting brake thing, it's what the germans do, never the japs. but i think some american company is going to try it with the new corvette.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't think the question is will it happen it just a matter of when. It will just be released later on when they have established the new infinti Q60 on the market.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of the hardtop convertible the previous G37 had. Hopefully the Q60 coupe convertible will be more smoother with the lines, I just found the previous one to be hideous.
I can see why, the way the rear of the hard top ended where it starts to go flat just looks horrible, they need to have it continuously sloping for a really clean look.

Hopefully they will try to correct this flaw on the Q60 instead of repeating it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Infiniti did that to retain a strong structure in the frame of the G37 to keep it rigid instead of sacrificing that for cosmetics. One thing that Bmw actually did with their convertibles is building a pillar bar across the rear shock towers and making a frame from within. Maybe infiniti can do something like that instead of making a hideous convertible.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of the hardtop convertible the previous G37 had. Hopefully the Q60 coupe convertible will be more smoother with the lines, I just found the previous one to be hideous.
I actually thought the G37 hardtop convertible looked pretty good. Atleaset when the hardtop was on. :) I think it did a good job maintaining most of what the coupe had to offer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The side profile from the rear quarter reminds me so much of the volswagen eos using the same line and mechanism as the Infiniti. They look a like.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that infiniti shares the same mechanism as the volkswagon in the picture. they both work the same way in fact most hardtop convertibles do.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The side profile from the rear quarter reminds me so much of the volswagen eos using the same line and mechanism as the Infiniti. They look a like.

I was always curious about if the lack of a real B pillar made any real difference to the new coupes like on the ones i quoted. Would be great if Infiniti does this with the Q60, if they dont then it might make the Q60 look a bit outdated.

Best example of a coupe without a B pillar IMO is the new Mercedes E-Class coupe ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts