Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Z1 Catted Full Downpipes vs. Fast Intentions Catted Full Downpipes

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  IridiumRS400 
#1 ·
I've searched and looked around for this topic but I haven't seen anyone compare the two. Lots of great reviews for both of these pieces. However, I was wondering: How much better are FI's catted downpipes compared to Z1's?

Z1 Catted Downpipes: $898
FI Catted Downpipes: $1695

Does come down to quality? Name brand? Performance gains w/tune? Different high flow cats?

Am I missing out on anything significant that justifies the near 2x in price by FI?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Does come down to quality? Name brand? Performance gains w/tune? Different high flow cats?
Fast Intentions uses GESI Cats, which are a very high-flowing, AND a 49-state compliant catalytic converter:

Home Page - G-Sport by GESi - High Flow Catalytic Converters

On the other hand, Z1 uses 200 CPI converters, which may or may not pass your state's emissions test.

I've had the FI Catted DPs installed for about three years - no issues, and really good dyno #'s.

Ultimately, you get what you pay for - SS grade differences, weld & build quality (FI cleans-up their welds internally to ensure smooth exhaust flow across flanges, for example), 49-state vs 200 CPI converters, etc.

Your choice will be based on what your priorities - price? quality? warranty? performance? For me, I support FI because they are a respected small business in the automotive enthusiast circles, and they also develop their own exhaust solutions for other platforms I have an interest in, too.

#3 ·
Fast Intentions uses GESI Cats, which are a very high-flowing, AND a 49-state compliant catalytic converter:

Home Page - G-Sport by GESi - High Flow Catalytic Converters

On the other hand, Z1 uses 200 CPI converters, which may or may not pass your state's emissions test.

I've had the FI Catted DPs installed for about three years - no issues, and really good dyno #'s.

Ultimately, you get what you pay for - SS grade differences, weld & build quality (FI cleans-up their welds internally to ensure smooth exhaust flow across flanges, for example), 49-state vs 200 CPI converters, etc.

Your choice will be based on what your priorities - price? quality? warranty? performance? For me, I support FI because they are a respected small business in the automotive enthusiast circles, and they also develop their own exhaust solutions for other platforms I have an interest in, too.
Thank you! That sums it up pretty cleanly! It makes sense that the higher spec cats would factor in. Also clearly understand the quality factor. Good stuff.

I'm in Michigan and luckily we don't have emissions testing to adhere to. I'm definitely going for quality and performance though.

FI it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.