Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the double post, but something about the way I logged in with Facebook wouldn't allow me to edit my posts so I created an account from scratch. If an admin would please just delete the other thread. So to start again!

What up!! Just joined, and this is my first post. Excited to be back in an Infiniti, if you were ever on myg37 forums you may recognize me from my build thread there. It is definitely one of the most viewed threads on the forum.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-threads/242732-zydan-s-mod-log.html

After my G37 I moved to a Lexus RC-F, if you're interested you can find my build thread below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bu...an-rc-f-build-thread-white-w-circuit-red.html

Well after I had the RC-F for about 2 years my wife and I ended up having a second kid so I had to say bye to her. Switched over to a Lexus NX200T for a bit, and was very unhappy with my life choices hahah so here I am ready to start again!

I found my Q60 Red Sport locally used with 7k miles, got a great deal on her, however who ever the previous owner was he had a terrible taste in wheels in my opinion.

From the first time I saw her:

To the day I brought her home:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
De-Badge

So first things first, and I do this on all my builds~ De-Badge!
Crest and Infiniti logos had to go, just want a nice, clean, beautiful, big booty!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vossen VFS-4

So I got this car Saturday September 23rd, that Thursday September the 28th I got a delivery...did I mention I really didn't like those wheels. >:)

Then it was time to just sit back and relax with the kids until install day!

I love getting new wheels!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Install day

That following Saturday the 30th was time to switch them out! Oh, and you know new wheels needs new better lugs :)

Time to swap!

And here you have it!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So next on my list is to black everything out, going to paint roof and antenna black, vinyl wrap the window trim and get the CF Vents and Fog lights as well as the black grill. After that will thinking about dropping it with RSR springs, front lip, exhaust, CF Side Mirrors... lots of plans, stay tuned. It's only been a week and a half. :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you haven't looked into it yet, Emm Tuning makes CF parts with a red weave for all of your chrome options. I think it looks sick on these red Qs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
welcome! looks like the previous owner walked into a pepboys and picked out some random ugly wheels lol i see alot of potential. clean taste

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carbon fiber everything!

I reached out to EMM Tuning and have ordered my first set of chrome replacements. Will probably be a few weeks before I receive everything, but look forward to DIY’s along with pics of the installs.
CF Grill
CF Vents
CF Fogs
CF emblem

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EMMTuning

Got some teaser pics from EMMtuning, I'm the first person to get the OEM gloss black grill with the CF Housing.
Also I made a custom request to have the fog light housing gloss black with the Carbon Fiber center, can't wait to get all these here and installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chrome Delete

Hello! Still waiting on my parts from EMM Tuning, hope to have them here next week. In the mean time I got the chrome around the window trim and the door handle blacked out, huge improvement.

Also here's a couple more teaser pics of the midnight grill with CF surrounding and the gloss black Fog Light housing, CF middle to be added.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
@Zydan, that looks great. Mind if I ask what prep work was done before blacking out the window trim chrome?

I had mine wrapped black previously and was recently planning on getting it painted but the shop refused saying the paint would come off over time since it had the chrome finish. Since I had already removed the wrap, I'm currently back to having the chrome trim and really don't want to pay to wrap it again since it never looked right to me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Zydan, that looks great. Mind if I ask what prep work was done before blacking out the window trim chrome?

I had mine wrapped black previously and was recently planning on getting it painted but the shop refused saying the paint would come off over time since it had the chrome finish. Since I had already removed the wrap, I'm currently back to having the chrome trim and really don't want to pay to wrap it again since it never looked right to me.
I actually wrapped it, came out really well, I was going to paint as well, but I people told me the same thing they told you.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Love the CF look and what I think we could really use is an entirely new grille in carbon fiber that has a sportier take on design. Maybe in the future this will mean we see something from IPL as an optional item.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fender Garnish

I got the EMM Tuning fender garnish and grill in today, the Fender garnish was an easy install. Just need a plastic pry tool and there's 4 tabs to pop out, see install pics below. I tried to remove the front bumper to install the grill, but gave up after about an hour, going to wait till the fog light vents come in and then I'll do both at the same time at my buddy's shop.
The quality is amazing, perfect fitment, direct replacement and better prices then OEM that's just a cover. I highly recommend going through EMM Tuning for these parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the EMM Tuning fender garnish and grill in today, the Fender garnish was an easy install. Just need a plastic pry tool and there's 4 tabs to pop out, see install pics below. I tried to remove the front bumper to install the grill, but gave up after about an hour, going to wait till the fog light vents come in and then I'll do both at the same time at my buddy's shop.
The quality is amazing, perfect fitment, direct replacement and better prices then OEM that's just a cover. I highly recommend going through EMM Tuning for these parts.
Looks amazing! Can I ask where did you get them from and how much did you pay?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts