Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ran mine in the stick console i.e. next to the arm rest console ... used double sided tape .... when i turned it on i am getting 8+ satellite signals ... works great --- btw i also ran the USB cables into the arm rest box ... lot easier and far more accessible than the glove box ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ran mine in the stick console i.e. next to the arm rest console ... used double sided tape .... when i turned it on i am getting 8+ satellite signals ... works great --- btw i also ran the USB cables into the arm rest box ... lot easier and far more accessible than the glove box ..
Ran nine next to rear view mirror and got many more... Lol.. Bought the adapter too but haven't used it yet. Aslo run my CA les to center console and used an adapter to make it look oem.
Product Gadget Font Display device Audio equipment

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nice to see everyone installing and enjoying the upgrade. Now I'm trying to figure out whether I do the Sergey firmware update or not. I love my unit but don't use it to the extent where the performance issues (when a bunch of things are open) bother me or come up. It's a toss up right now, but I'll definitely reply back if I do go ahead and upgrade the firmware.

Here is a video for more info on what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice to see everyone installing and enjoying the upgrade. Now I'm trying to figure out whether I do the Sergey firmware update or not. I love my unit but don't use it to the extent where the performance issues (when a bunch of things are open) bother me or come up. It's a toss up right now, but I'll definitely reply back if I do go ahead and upgrade the firmware.

Here is a video for more info on what I'm talking about.

Saw that but like you I don't think I need it, at least not yet. 🙄🙄

·
Registered
2018 Q60 Luxe
20 Posts
Congrats! Where did you source it, if I may ask?

There's so many nearly identical units out there, it's tough deciphering which is the real McCoys!

Just installed mine this weekend (LOVE IT) -- followed the video to a T -- took about 4 hours .. including some minor cable rerouting ... well worth it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Congrats! Where did you source it, if I may ask?

There's so many nearly identical units out there, it's tough deciphering which is the real McCoys!
Here is the real deal site. If you register as a new user you can get 15% off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed mine and everything is fine except my music apps sound like a resister radio. It sounds like its not going through an amp. The radio sounds fine but spotify and amazon music apps sound very poor quality. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed mine and everything is fine except my music apps sound like a resister radio. It sounds like its not going through an amp. The radio sounds fine but spotify and amazon music apps sound very poor quality. Anyone else have this issue?
My first guess would be to Check the quality settings in each application and make sure they're all set to high.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine worked out of the box with wireless apple car play, and for the most part it works and i would say 80% of the featurs work. 20% that doesn't work and i feel is a big deal, is that the in touch interface doesn't work touch screen. I have taken it apart several times and verified connections, but the in touch doesn't work at all. Now the only thing that is saving me is the hard buttons on the bottom and sides of the device. I can control AC and heat with the buttons. I can even go to radio, but none of the touch screen works either. I have been on whatsapp with their support but no answers. Just more questions and asking if i can send them videos of my issue. It's not a big deal if i can't listen to the radio cause i have iHeart radio installed on my phone and can use it through apple car play. But the main concern i have is not being able to access settings in the in touch interface. I don't know if i will ever have an issue to where i need to access it.

Love the device, but i fear my device is defective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately I was really excited about this as well but reading there are still a lot of issues with the Mark 5. I guess I'll have to stick with Smart Auto Kits or Unavi car play integration.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey y'all - here's my experience with the Mark 5. I know ymmv and all but I have a 2018 Q60 RS and went through THREE of the Aucar Mark 5 units between January and May this year. I couldn't get a single one of them to work reliably.
  • The first Mark 5 overheated every time it hit 84+C (about an hour of runtime) and then would constantly boot cycle until it cooled down. The first time it did it I was over an hour away from home so that was a fun trip. They sent me a replacement main board that I had to take the Mark 5 apart to install and resulted in the exact same overheating issue.
  • The second one kept cutting out the radio randomly when I clicked on other apps and they sent me a patch that bricked it. The radio randomly switching from your desired source to AUX is common from what I've seen online in other forums.
  • The third one cut the radio over to AUX so frequently that it effectively made that one useless and dangerous as I had to fiddle with it constantly while driving.
They accepted the return and I got a refund, but it was beyond a hassle having to wait 12-24 hours between every single tech response from China and them saying they could not replicate the issues. They kept asking for pics of my wiring, wanted me to unplug it all and plug it back in, etc. It was maddening. I guess on the plus side I got to where I could pull the trim panels and center console, install the radio, and then button everything back up in less than 15 minutes.

I really feel bad for Sergey K, who produces custom firmware for Tesla screens because as I had to contact him over and over again to install his software because he has to send a unique file to unlock his firmware based on a bin file I had to send to him each time. He agrees there are issues with the Mark 5 stealing focus on the radio and switching it to AUX but he said my case seemed extreme, especially with my 3rd unit.

After all of this I was glad to have the old reliable stock unit back in place. A tablet-based radio sure seemed really cool in theory, but I'll wait for a more mainstream brand to come out with an aftermarket replacement.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I purchased my AuCar Mark 5 second hand in "Like New" condition.
Was considering waiting for the Mark 6, but getting the Mark 5 for half the cost was worth it to me.
I've experienced a few glitches with the unit...mainly rear view back up camera. Sometimes it will freeze and reboot while in reverse.
I don't have 360 cameras, just back up.
Also audio volume would start a bit louder and then after a few minutes it will be about 10 levels lower and need to be raised. This is with streaming apps Spotify and Tidal.

I attempted (several times) with Headhunt Reloaded app to connect Android Auto wirelessly...did finally manage to connect "once", but then disconnected and had trouble reconnecting again.
Decided to forego this method and stick with wired Android auto.

Overall a better system than the OEM InTouch system, but still needs a bit of work to make it perfect.
Visually it beats the stock look alone...especially with Sergey Firmware.

I do have the SmartAutoKit in my Q50 and that system is more stable and easier to use.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased my AuCar Mark 5 second hand in "Like New" condition.
Was considering waiting for the Mark 6, but getting the Mark 5 for half the cost was worth it to me.
I've experienced a few glitches with the unit...mainly rear view back up camera. Sometimes it will freeze and reboot while in reverse.
I don't have 360 cameras, just back up.
Also audio volume would start a bit louder and then after a few minutes it will be about 10 levels lower and need to be raised. This is with streaming apps Spotify and Tidal.

I attempted (several times) with Headhunt Reloaded app to connect Android Auto wirelessly...did finally manage to connect "once", but then disconnected and had trouble reconnecting again.
Decided to forego this method and stick with wired Android auto.

Overall a better system than the OEM InTouch system, but still needs a bit of work to make it perfect.
Visually it beats the stock look alone...especially with Sergey Firmware.

I do have the SmartAutoKit in my Q50 and that system is more stable and easier to use. View attachment 26083
Do you notice any lag or delay using the smart auto kits system? Does it feel relatively OEM like it belongs in the car?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you notice any lag or delay using the smart auto kits system? Does it feel relatively OEM like it belongs in the car?
The SMARTAUTOKIT works as if it was OEM without any lag or glitches.
My experience is with both Android Auto (wired and wireless) and Apple Carplay.
I haven't used it as a standalone tablet like the Mark 5.
Automotive design Speedometer Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

21 - 39 of 39 Posts