Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is this setup safe to run? A lot of people tell me that the rolling diameter of the front and rear do not match and that it would ruin the awd system? Does it rub? I am thinking of this setup but afraid it would run.
This setup is .22% different in diameter than factory 20" wheels. This will work all day for those with factory 20's. I recommend a site called willtheyfit.com. Enter your current size and the size you are wanting to switch to. If they are within 1% overall diameter you're good. Make sure the two new sizes are within 1% as well. With AWD you want to stay within 1% diameter to not stress the AWD system. I have a set of wheels and tires on order this size and they will work for 2018 RS's with factory 20's. I haven't run any numbers 0n the 2017's with 19" wheels though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will be on RSR downs and have narrow my choices down to these wheels. Thinking of stagger setup in 20”. Which one do you think would look good with iridium blue. I don’t race or track my car. Just normal driving. I’m thinking of running 20x9 with 255/35/20 and 20x10 or 10.5 with 285/30 or 295/30. Will I have any issues with this setup? The stock rolling diameter is 27 1/16. This front 255/35/20 setup will give me a rolling diameter of 27 1/32 (0% change). The rear 285/30/20 on 20x10 setup with give me a rolling diameter of 26 3/4 (-1.1% change). The rear 295/30/20 on 20x10.5 will give me 26 31/32 (-.2% change). Would I have any problem with rubbing if I’m going 255 front and 295 rear?

Thanks
Vertini RF1.5's for sure. They are rotary forged and worth 2x the cost difference between the other choices. They will be much lighter and stronger. Don't buy cast wheels unless that's all you can afford. If that is all you can afford, save up and buy rotary forged wheels anyways. You'll be sorry if you don't. I am going to be running 20x9 +32 with 255/35/20 and 20x11 +45 with 295/30/20. They will fit even with the RSR downs. Josh with @GetYourWheels can help you out. They had the best prices on the web for the wheels I was looking for. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is this setup safe to run? A lot of people tell me that the rolling diameter of the front and rear do not match and that it would ruin the awd system? Does it rub? I am thinking of this setup but afraid it would run.
This setup is .22% different in diameter than factory 20" wheels. This will work all day for those with factory 20's. I recommend a site called willtheyfit.com. Enter your current size and the size you are wanting to switch to. If they are within 1% overall diameter you're good. Make sure the two new sizes are within 1% as well. With AWD you want to stay within 1% diameter to not stress the AWD system. I have a set of wheels and tires on order this size and they will work for 2018 RS's with factory 20's. I haven't run any numbers 0n the 2017's with 19" wheels though.
. Thanks for the clarification. So, 20x11 with 295/30 will have no issue with rsr down??

·
InfinitiQ60.org Vendor
582 Posts
This is perfectly fine. No rubbing at all either.

·
Registered
195 Posts
To add to the statement about rubbing and being lowered.. on a RWD car.. it really depends on the offset of the rims... for example.. if your offset is +29.. and your car in the rear is dropped more than .75 inches then you will have rubbing issues.. To prevent the rub you will need to roll the rear fenders..

·
Registered
742 Posts
Technically not a picture, but Velgen Wheels just posted their Q60 Red Sport w/20x10.5 VMB5s on Youtube:

Reactions: SirHoward

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wondering if anyone is running this setup because i’m about to order it...

20x10 +20 on 275/30 squared

on a AWD Q60 lowered on RSR (N147D) springs.

I feel confident I should be fine and won’t rub based on my research and knowing AWD doesn’t drop as low as RWD. Trying to fit as much meat but willing to go smaller tire like a 265 if I need to

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been running this setup for month now...Josh at GYW hooked me up and their service was excellent! I phoned my order in on Tuesday and the tires/wheels were delivered on Saturday in perfect condition. I'm so glad to get rid of the heavy stock wheels and R/F tires...

HRE FF01 "Tarmac" 20x9.5 +35
265/35/20ZR Nitto NT555 G2

Z1 2 pc rotors - Front and rear

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wondering if anyone is running this setup because i’m about to order it...

20x10 +20 on 275/30 squared

on a AWD Q60 lowered on RSR (N147D) springs.

I feel confident I should be fine and won’t rub based on my research and knowing AWD doesn’t drop as low as RWD. Trying to fit as much meat but willing to go smaller tire like a 265 if I need to
I'm running 20X10 +25 all around with 265/30/20 on my AWD. I could fit more rubber, so I plan to replace them (when worn out) with 265/35/20 or 275/30/20.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here my setup nothing too crazy I was looking for something light and with a lip on it they are 20x9 squared setup, TSW Variant. Each rims with Hankook tires (255-35-20) weights in at 53 lbs compare to my oem RS 19 inch rims with Run flat at 64.4 lbs.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts